• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    Hey guys. My friend and I are thinking about printing up some targets to sell. We have access to some heavy duty printers, and can get paper and print time pretty cheaply. We thought we might try to sell some targets, here, and maybe getting a table at some of the local gun shows, and so on.

I am looking to get an idea of what kinds of targets people might be interested in. We cant do the ones with the high impact color behind them when you shoot them, but otherwise, can do pretty much any size one might want, and color or black or white, I don’t think there is too much difference in price between the two. My buddy is an artist, so he can work up some designs, but we are at a bit of a loss as to what to make…

Also, how much are people here paying for their targets now? We are trying to do these pretty cheap. I know when we go to the range; we normally blow through about 25 targets a piece, so we are definitely trying to keep the price low low low…

Thanks for any opinions

Andy

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    White targets back targets with orange or yellow squares as you main focal point of target. Something that black sights stand out on.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I'd be cool with some mostly black or white with multiple targets on it. Like boxed off with bright green or orange centers and scoring rings. Have multiple targets to shoot at without having to change targets constantly.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I'd be cool with some mostly black or white with multiple targets on it. Like boxed off with bright green or orange centers and scoring rings. Have multiple targets to shoot at without having to change targets constantly.

yes!! so you could practice transions too!!

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    What every you do do not use coated stock.

I printed up a bunch of over size targets years ago when I had a 40 inch press to use. Free stock, free press time, a few dollars for film and plates, and lunch for the people that did work that I was unable to do.

The targets on the coated paper reflected the sun and made shooting them really fun.

best of luck

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    Thanks for the reply’s guys! We have decided to move forward. E-mails have been sent to several gun show promoters in the area to see if we can get tables at anything this year. The presses have begun to roll...

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    My brother designed some zombie targets for a private club/range in VA, if you can come up with something different, people will buy.

I will second the idea of multiple targets on 1 sheet. I normally set (5), 5.5" targets on 1 back board to do transitions. The range I belong to has a 5 Rnd/MAG limit, so this works well for me.

Good luck with your endeavor

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom