• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    Just wondering what everyone does for cardboard target backers at the AGC 50yd pistol range. Do they sell them at the range? If not I can make my own for this weekend, but long term I would prefer to buy them in bulk.

Thanks
    JC

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    I work at UPS and have an almost endless supply of leftover cardboard. I usually leave 5-6 backers per week in the rafters of the pistol range.

Bryan

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    The size needs to be 27" square. I attach them to the frame with cable ties. I make my own. There are usually at least 4 frames with cardboard on them. I usually leave mine for other shooters.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Speaking of this - I do not know what size a frame needs to be if you want to use the portable frame holder on the pistol range. If anyone knows, I'd love to hear a design.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Thanks. I do have the wooden frame listed on the left for the 100 yard range - I wasn't sure if that same frame fit into the portable metal frame holders that people use for short (under 25 yard) distances.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Thanks. I do have the wooden frame listed on the left for the 100 yard range - I wasn't sure if that same frame fit into the portable metal frame holders that people use for short (under 25 yard) distances.

If you make your own 100 yard frame, you CAN use it on the pistol range at the AGC. At the 25 yard mark of the pistol range, there are brackets behind the parapet where you can insert your 100 yard frame into.

Kindest Regards,

-Will

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Those same signs that are linked above, that litter the roadways and your neighborhood contrary to PG county code and maybe even your county/zoning/local code.... yes those work, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom