• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    From NRA facebook page:

Today, the misguided Manchin-Toomey-Schumer proposal failed 54-46 in the U.S. Senate. Six other amendments were also defeated:

Grassley-Cruz-Graham substitute amendment – Failed 52-48
    Leahy-Collins trafficking amendment – Failed 58-42
    Cornyn right-to-carry reciprocity amendment – Failed 57-43
    Feinstein gun & magazine ban amendment – Failed 40-60
    Burr protection of veterans’ gun rights amendment – Failed 56-44
    Launtenberg-Blumenthal magazine ban amendment – Failed 46-54

See how your Senators voted here: http://tinyurl.com/acpl6sy

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    Considering that the Senate is controlled by the democrats, those numbers don't look bad. 60 against AWB? Excellent! The right to carry reciprocity only failed by 3 votes? That is also surprising. Maybe we have a chance to push that later. Or even after mid-terms.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    After yesterday in the Senate, do any bills pending in the House or is it all over?

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Yeah they will be back but next year are mid-terms and I doubt anybody would be pushing any gun bills ... either way.... then 2015 it will be a free for all and we will have another "crisis" in 12/2014 or early 2015 .... I guarantee it ...

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    I work on the hill sometime (Hart building) and these people overall are pissed. Tourist are talking bad about gun owners its ridicoulous.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    It's over, Obama is pissed. Life is good for now

Actually, nothing is over. Dirty Harry voted no on the amendment and now has the ability to bring it up and tack it on to any other bill. I expect them to do every dirty underhanded trick possible to get this schlock rammed down our throats. And they won't stop until we all choke and die on it.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Actually, nothing is over. Dirty Harry voted no on the amendment and now has the ability to bring it up and tack it on to any other bill. I expect them to do every dirty underhanded trick possible to get this schlock rammed down our throats. And they won't stop until we all choke and die on it.

If it comes back as an amendment it has to be voted on. I would hope its failure now would carry over to if it came back. Has he pulled it yet?

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    They might let things die down a bit, let emotions soften, let the ones who voted against hear a earful from people, collegaues, etc hoping to change there vote. I just hope they keep there back bone and vote the same way when/if it does come back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom