• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum

Feb 5, 2007
    New Windsor, Maryland
    Every now and then I get this in "Ammo Accountability" alert in my email and see it on other Forums now and then. I want to post it here to ask if I am correct that it has been killed in Maryland. It has been introduced and is dead. It is probably being fought in other states now.
    Or is this being re-introduced? :mad54: I noticed where it says it has been in Maryland, so I`m thinking it did not pass. This has got to be an old e-mail.

This is what is floating around in e-mails.

Ammunition Accountability Act

The 2008 Legislative session has begun, and the Ammunition Accountability Act is being introduced across the country. Below is a list of states
    where legislation has already been introduced: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
    Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand-loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more! If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun! Please give this the widest distribution possible and contact your Reps!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Died last year, partly in thanks to some members here. I think with the recent election, there are people who are "out of the loop" that are just hearing about this for the first time, and dragging it back up like its new news.

It could be reintroducted again for 2009, as could any number of anti gun bills, but at this point that is all speculative.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The 2008 Legislative session has begun

It was killed everywhere it was introduced last year. The guy completely lost his credibility and it was through grassroots efforts in places like this that crushed it.

Once it was defeated here, where it was introduced pretty early, it had no where else to go.

It may come back in some other form, but I would be surprised if it came from the same source.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    What's wrong with this?

SJ0001 Maryland Ratification of the 17th Amendment to the United States
    Constitution
    Senate: First Reading Senate Rules - 12/22

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    items of note... snack tax, Biodiesel Fuel User License, Maryland Ratification of the 17th Amendment to the United States Constitution.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    items of note... snack tax, Biodiesel Fuel User License, Maryland Ratification of the 17th Amendment to the United States Constitution.

There is already a biodiesel fuel user license. If you pay for your oil and immediately put it in your car, you do not need a license. Or if you got the oil or fryer grease for free and kept it at your house, processed it there and used it in your car you do not need a license. But if you buy cooking oil to use in your car, then as soon as you store it at your house you need a license and you have to pay a tax.
    Not sure what this bill will change about the current law though.

R2.0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2008

Where would I find the texts of these bills? I have a special interest in snack foods and biodiesel.

As for the 17th Amendment, uh...why?

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    What's wrong with this?

SJ0001 Maryland Ratification of the 17th Amendment to the United States
    Constitution
    Senate: First Reading Senate Rules - 12/22

Well if we have never ratified the 17th amendment is it safe to assume that we have been illegally electing senators? Can we throw Cardin and Babs out of office? Not that it would matter they would be appointed back by the state I'm sure. First question is why did MD not ratify it? second question is why bother now?

Just found this article claiming that the states never legally ratified the 17th amendment. so I'm sure that's what this is all about.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42711

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    hrmmm...i'm not sure what i think about the 17th amendment. but as long as it passes by 3/4 of the states then it applies to all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom