• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    FNP = Freekin Nice Pistol

I've been drooling over the FNP Tacticals for a quite a while.
    There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Range report will follow. Would have been there today, except for the uprooted tree that had to be cut up from Wind Storm II on Friday.

Thanks Mark!

sorry for the under exposed pic
    dsc01702ko.jpg

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    She's a beauty. I was eyeing up the black one when I was putting a deposit down on Saturday. I'm certainly glad mark didn't have one in FDE or I would of been much more broke.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    Dude! You've got a MARPAT rug?

Doesn't everyone?
    But if you drop something that is Marpat on it, you lose it, for weeks!
    Still haven't found that Marpat sock! :lol2:

Marpat material is sold by the yard. In fact, a lot of patterns are.

Thanks guys, for the kind words, I'm a happy camper about the FNP 45.

Jwunder

Jun 24, 2010
    Berwyn Heights
    I picked up a black one from Mark about 2 weeks ago. I bought a cheap Primary Arms micro dot and put it on top. Only had a chance to put a quick 100 rounds through it so far. No hickups and plenty accurate. Need to spend more time with it to figure which backstrap I shoot best with and to dial in the optic a bit more.

The PA sight is not very good quality but I got it to see how I liked the concept. Will get a Trijicon RMR when money allows.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    I picked up a black one from Mark about 2 weeks ago. I bought a cheap Primary Arms micro dot and put it on top. Only had a chance to put a quick 100 rounds through it so far. No hickups and plenty accurate. Need to spend more time with it to figure which backstrap I shoot best with and to dial in the optic a bit more.

The PA sight is not very good quality but I got it to see how I liked the concept. Will get a Trijicon RMR when money allows.

Thanks for the info on the PA.
    I was thinking along the lines of maybe a Burris FF?

Jwunder

Jun 24, 2010
    Berwyn Heights
    Biggest problem with the PA dot is that you can't adjust it while it is on the gun. It's actually not that big of a deal just adjust elevation and leave the windage alone. Use the little bit of play the sight has before you tighten it all the way down and line it up with the front sight. its not unuseable, and I do like the green dot, But is far from ideal.

In researching other micro dots many seem to have this problem. I know the Leupold and I believe the fast fire and a few others both have similar adjustment locking screws that are blocked by the rear sights on the FN. Trijicon seems to have the answer here, provided you can or want to afford to go that route.

For $80 it works fine to test the concept and comes with a rail mount so it will probably end up on my AK or something else eventually. Other good news is that if brass is hitting the glass it is not leaving any marks or nicks.

45tac.jpg

Here is my attempt at capturing the sight picture. The green dot shows up much larger in reality that what is captured in this picture.

45tacdot.jpg

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    FNP = Freekin Nice Pistol

I've been drooling over the FNP Tacticals for a quite a while.
    There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Range report will follow. Would have been there today, except for the uprooted tree that had to be cut up from Wind Storm II on Friday.

Thanks Mark!

sorry for the under exposed pic
    dsc01702ko.jpg

Thanks Guys!!!! :party29:

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have fallen in love with the FNP tactical in FDE. If I had the extra funds or decided to sell the Sig P220 Sport, i'd have one too!

Nice pistol. Something about having 14+1 of 45 ACP makes a guy drool.

Jwunder

Jun 24, 2010
    Berwyn Heights
    Just a quick update. I've put a few hundred more rounds through the gun since my last post. My dad found some old wolf and blazer ammo in his basement that is god knows how old but I figured it would be a good test for the gun's reliability.

I love this gun. Not a single malfunction of any kind with any of the ammo I tried. I haven't shot any wwb yet which this gun reportedly has problems with, but I don't usually buy that stuff anyway so it is a non issue for me. After dialing in the micro dot and finding which backstrap works for me I find the gun incredibly easy to shoot accurately and quickly. I let a new shooter have a go at it and he put 12 of the 15 rounds in the mag through one ragged hole.

One issue I have seen reported is the pin that holds the trigger walking out. I have been paying attention to this and my gun does not seem to have this issue. I was initially put off by the size of this gun because of my relatively small hands, but that has not been a problem at all.

One huge potentially expensive problem has arisen though. I got this gun because I always wanted a Mark23 but couldn't swing it. I thought this would quench that thirst but it seems the opposite has happened. I've been having dreams about the HK...

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    Just a quick update. I've put a few hundred more rounds through the gun since my last post. My dad found some old wolf and blazer ammo in his basement that is god knows how old but I figured it would be a good test for the gun's reliability.

I love this gun. Not a single malfunction of any kind with any of the ammo I tried. I haven't shot any wwb yet which this gun reportedly has problems with, but I don't usually buy that stuff anyway so it is a non issue for me. After dialing in the micro dot and finding which backstrap works for me I find the gun incredibly easy to shoot accurately and quickly. I let a new shooter have a go at it and he put 12 of the 15 rounds in the mag through one ragged hole.

One issue I have seen reported is the pin that holds the trigger walking out. I have been paying attention to this and my gun does not seem to have this issue. I was initially put off by the size of this gun because of my relatively small hands, but that has not been a problem at all.

One huge potentially expensive problem has arisen though. I got this gun because I always wanted a Mark23 but couldn't swing it. I thought this would quench that thirst but it seems the opposite has happened. I've been having dreams about the HK...

I have a Mark23 waiting for you in the shop. :thumbsup:

Jwunder

Jun 24, 2010
    Berwyn Heights
    Sorry, but I'm keeping the FN. Unless of course you want to buy it for the cost of the Mark 23...

Good news though, I put a 100 rounds of wwb through it on monday without any issue. So far I have shot, Magtech, Georgia Arms, Wolf, Blazer and wwb including some Georgia arms 230 gr hollowpoints without a single malfunction. Probably about 600 rounds so far. I don't plant to buy wolf or blazer stuff, but at least it's nice to know that it works.

Now if only there was a way to keep this thing from making so much damn noise...

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Oh yea plenty of choices for the silent route. How much is it to register with the state? I know that it's prob a 6 month waiting period also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom