• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knightofcydonia

Sep 30, 2011
    With the ability to now shoot multiple calibers on the ar platform it has sparked my interest and may ultimately change what I decide to purchase. I was hoping the people who are familiar with changing out uppers would be able to give any advice on the ease at which this is done. Is this something that can be done with a multi tool ? Will this affect the gun greatly? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    pop two pins out.. put new upper and your done.

but then again.. depends what you already have and what you replacing with.. may have to change the buffer and spring..

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Only tools you need are your fingers and a small round blunt object. (a pen works nicely) Pop out the pins and lift the upper off.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    You know, if you don't know how to swap uppers, I'd also invest some time into learning which part of the rifle is the dangerous end first.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I'm sure once he actually has an AR in his hands, operation and function will become obvious.

knightofcydonia

Sep 30, 2011
    The intention I have is to own a 300 blk. If for some crazy reason the shtf happens it sure would be great to have the option to switch to a caliber that will most likely be much easier to obtain. I feel as though this is a very wise option. Obviously I have a lot to learn but I won't know unless I ask. Also with this now being an option I don't feel half as reserved about getting a regulated ar as well. So I've decided I'm going to go about building the regulated ar, I think it would be a great way to fully understand the platform, and I can piece it together slowly if need be

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Two hours, I'll charge you $50, and you have to paint my shed.

But I promise you will learn to switch out an upper.

Oh yes, you will learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom