• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    i have a benchmade mel pardue i got here in iraq and im coming home soon and im curious to know if i can keep it. its an assault type knife with a 180 degrees pistol grip and non reflective coating capable of cutting 10's of flexi cuffs in minutes with only 2 hands

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i got a switchblade from myrtle beach boardwalk a couple years ago, it says its made in italy. nice white marble style handle, i'll post some pics when i get home.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    100_1701.jpg

100_1702.jpg

100_1703.jpg

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    [/QUOTE]

That looks like the "real deal". Back in the day a sailor could not go into Naples Italy without being hassled by what was known as "Hey Joe's". "Hey Joe, buy switch a blade, 2 dollar". It didn't stop there, Berettas and Lugers were also offered but BAD things might happen to you if caught so I got my blade and continued on. Hindsight being 20/20.............

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    I have a switchblade with orange handle that was issued to me by the US Army back when I was jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. :)

EDIT: It has two blades but the "hooked" blade must be opened by hand. I'll take a pic and post it if anyone is interested.

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    Was the hooked blade for cutting the shoot away in an emergency DorGunr?

Yes, it was for cutting the suspension lines.........like being tangled up in them after landing in a tree. :)

If you main chute should malfunction you can release it via your cape wells before you pop your reserve .......that is, if ya have enough altitude.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    How old is that knife? It is very cool that the army issued you a switchblade back then!

Got a set of gold wings so I'm familiar with the process.:)

urbanwarrior

Sep 13, 2008
    Bel Air
    I'm looking to get a Benchmade 3300 Infidel. Will I be able to get it shipped to me or will I have to go to a knife store or show in PA or something to get one? Novus...this is your chance to shine!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I'm looking to get a Benchmade 3300 Infidel. Will I be able to get it shipped to me or will I have to go to a knife store or show in PA or something to get one? Novus...this is your chance to shine!

Knife law is not my area of toilet study, but from what I read from others blade open assist does not seem to be a "switchblade" under fed or MD law. I have never seen a court case or anything official on the internet on this, but it seems pretty obvious they are legal because they are just everywhere and sold openly for many years now.

If it is a knife that opens automatically on its own by the press of a button then it is a switchblade and it is easier to buy a machine gun across state lines.
    It is against federal law to buy switchblades across state lines (with exceptions to police, military and something about a one armed man or something) and it is illegal to even offer for sale a switchblade or transfer within MD (I think there is something about a one armed man too, but I can't remember).

So if it is a knife that is sold legally in MD, then it is a knife that is not effected by fed law about being sold across state lines.
    If it is open assist, then as I gather it is legal.

There are guys here that would really know about the legality of this knife. Simon Yu I seem to remember knows this stuff.

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville

For reference to others, a Benchmade 3300 is very much an automatic knife as opposed to an assisted opener. Benchmade is fairly well known for its autos in addition to their more numerous manual knives.

As for your question, that's a good one . . . The only people explicitly exempted by federal law are carriers, military, dealers, and people missing an arm. Law enforcement is not included in this. However, some online stores will sell autos to LE as well as military, possibly since someone procuring equipment for the police might be considered a distributor. It seems to be a bit of a gray area.

Going to a store/show out of state would probably be the only clearly legitimate way to do it (since MD's state law against selling automatic knives makes no exceptions whatsoever).

urbanwarrior

Sep 13, 2008
    Bel Air
    The Benchmade 3300 Infidel is a full auto stilleto, not a switchblade. Does anyone know if I would be able to go to PA or VA and get one? I am LEO and may possibly get someone to sell me one over the internet, but would rather just get my hands on one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom