• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Will my little High Standard is in Scott's for repairs (found out that the Firing Pin isn't supposed to be free floating LOL) figured I'd start looking into what all it takes to get a suppressor for it.I found a new barrel to thread but living in commie territory had a few questions. Now looking through the search I have found I think i need Passport Photo's, Finger prints, an ass load of paper work plus a unicorn i think. I'm am bad though with all the acronyms I keep seeing and it's getting confusing. Do I need a CLEO? WTF is a CLEO? I am guessing it Country Law Enforcement Officer. What is that, the sheriff? If so, does that mean in pretty must up shit creek without a paddle or that I'll have to wait 6 months to the next election cycle to get my paperwork back? Looking more for people in Monkey Butt county that have done paper work for a NFA item thank you.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Will my little High Standard is in Scott's for repairs (found out that the Firing Pin isn't supposed to be free floating LOL) figured I'd start looking into what all it takes to get a suppressor for it.I found a new barrel to thread but living in commie territory had a few questions. Now looking through the search I have found I think i need Passport Photo's, Finger prints, an ass load of paper work plus a unicorn i think. I'm am bad though with all the acronyms I keep seeing and it's getting confusing. Do I need a CLEO? WTF is a CLEO? I am guessing it Country Law Enforcement Officer. What is that, the sheriff? If so, does that mean in pretty must up shit creek without a paddle or that I'll have to wait 6 months to the next election cycle to get my paperwork back? Looking more for people in Monkey Butt county that have done paper work for a NFA item thank you.

It's called a trust... look into it... good luck just trying to get your fingerprints done out here.

Mark

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    It's called a trust... look into it... good luck just trying to get your fingerprints done out here.

Mark

Check out the Rockville State Police Barracks. They charge $5 per card, and do them on Wednesday mornings. As for what to do after that, check the FAQ at the top of the NFA sub-forum. It is really not that bad. The worst part is the wait, and the "courtesy copy" of your NFA forms that MSP sends to the MoCO PD (or your local PD) so you get on"the list."

http://msp.maryland.gov/
    (Rockville info)
    Fingerprinting Info: In order to have a "background check" or "police clearance" completed by the Maryland State Police, you must appear in person at a Maryland State Police Barrack. At that time you must present a valid, government-issued, photo identification and a check or money order for $5.00 for each fingerprint card required (usually two are required). You will then have your fingerprints taken and those fingerprints will be checked against state and local databases. You will receive a response to our inquiry within a few weeks.

Fingerprinting Day(s): Wednesday 9:00 am - 11:00 am

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Its not all that bad I live in Montgomery County , the hardest park was to drive out to Pikesville to drop the paper work off since I didn't go the Trust route .

If its your first NFA item you could go to Engage in Kensignton
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=41046

They can walk you step by step and take care of you

+1, good advice. I got my first 2 cans from Engage. They were very helpful getting me started on "the Dark Side". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom