Surefire G2X pocket clip recommendations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I have been on the market for a quality flashlight with decent high output (didn't need surface of the sun, but bright) and a long run time low output. Friday night I spent time on the interwebz looking for a light to meet my needs. There are too many out there!

So, Saturday I was cleaning the basement and ended up with a pile of stuff to take back to Lowes (been doing a LOT of home improvement stuff lately). With no receipts I ended up with a store card. I wandered around the store, grabbing a few things for the next projects and ended up at the checkout. Lo and behold, I saw a Surefire G2X Pro hanging there calling my name. 310 lumens for 2.5 hours and 15 lumens for 44 hours... This is exactly what I had been looking for! I did some quick math to confirm I would cover all my items and the G2X with my store credit and took that as a sign.

I am very impressed with the light overall, but disappointed in the lack of a clip or lanyard loop. Some googling confirms there are clips available, but I'm looking for some hands on recommendations. What say the MDS masses?

Here are a few I found:
    http://darksucks.com/store DS_SFClip.html

http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/surefire-p-and-g-series-pocket-clip/

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The GX2 Pro is my EDC work light. I have a hard plastic holster made by Surefire that I carry it in, on my belt. It is the perfect setup for me.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    The GX2 Pro is my EDC work light. I have a hard plastic holster made by Surefire that I carry it in, on my belt. It is the perfect setup for me.

I was on the Surefire site looking at the holsters and I think I will snag one of them as well, but I still like the simplicity of a clip.

ETA: You using one of the polymer speed holsters? How far does it stand off from your belt?

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I use the V70. It sits approximately 1 3/4 inches away from my belt. I like this holster because it gives you 4 different carry options.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Pulled the trigger on this one last night:

sfpg-clip-1__06689.1386474188.1280.1280.jpg

I figure for less than $15 what can I loose? I guess i'll review it when I get it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom