[FONT=&quot]Click here to learn more. [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][
    [/FONT]

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    just got the Stream light TLR 2 HL 650 lumes with red dot ....do not ask how much , still getting over that . But lifetime replacement .

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    yea and hit someone with that many lumes and they can not even see you at all !

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Look into fenix tk22. Have one and it is sweet. All same features and whole lot cheaper. Very well made.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    ^^The TK22 is BAD ASS. It's ability to use 18650s is great...for a heavy use flashlight, the ability to use the AW Lithium IMRs with 1,000+cycle capability is economical and it's ability to also use the CR123s offer a lot of flexibility in terms of powering.

SureFire makes great products. Great lens, great diodes, exceptional impact resistance. Fit and finish is amazing. But almost 300 bucks? You have to be kidding me.

The price of diode production has come down incredibly...and SureFire's pricing is increasing incredibly. The original E2D was about $130. What gives?

SureFire's biggest issue today is as simple as there are many good makers of high-output handheld EDC flashlights and super-high-output search/rescue/duty lights. A decade ago, SureFire's choice in LEDs and TIR were miles ahead of others...my L4 was eons ahead of the competition. But that isn't the case these days...at all. While SF's designs may be slightly more durable than others in terms of ability to survive brute impacts, most other brands still make very durable models. As great as a SureFire is, is it worth paying as much as 10 times more than other models? It's a personal call but if you are looking at a SF, look at Fenix before buying.

Fenix makes high quality 15/100-200 lumen dual-output handhelds that are aluminum for $20-$40, and they are durable as hell. In most cases, their battery lives are better than SureFire counters from more efficient drivers and the diodes used in these Fenix models is literally the same Cree line as the SureFires. Many Fenix models also allow the usage of rechargeable IMR lithium batteries as well as disposable lithium batteries...most SureFires use disposable lithiums only, which really adds up with medium-to-heavy usage. Of the rechargeable SFs, IIRC the offerings are only proprietary designs, or 123 rechargeable which are not nearly as good as the 18650 IMRs. Fenix has also progressively improved their TIR designs to the point in which they now make models that can hold their own side-by-side to all other brands, including SureFire. Most forums on lights will encourage users to look at Fenix first given the bang for buck and that the quality is so great despite low pricing.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I got the e2dl for Christmas, that thing is awesome, it tends to eat those 123a batteries pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Surefire requires dealers to use MAP (Minimum advertised price) on web sites. That's why many of them require you to put the item in your shopping cart before you see the price.

check here: you need to call to order however.

www.brightflashlights.com

Also check out B & H Video too.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I try to buy US made products when I can. Surefire is making it very hard to keep doing this.

These below are assembled in Texas. ;) Lifetime warranty, 500 lumen, and rechargeable. I'll be up front I do have a business relationship with them. But they are tough as nails and also carry a lifetime warranty. Freestate and MD Quartermaster both carry them for a hair over 100 bucks. I've heard nothing but good feedback.

http://www.nitehunterarchery.com/law-enforcement.html

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I try to buy US made products when I can. Surefire is making it very hard to keep doing this.

I'm with you 100%. But SureFire's pricing is getting ridiculous...plus they are using the same LEDs as makers selling products for a lot less. US diode production has really fallen off the horse in the sense that Cree's diodes are literally so far beyond everything else that every major maker is now all using Cree. Cree is partly an American company but they are truly a multinational company...other makers are so far behind it is comical. Cree's make the best diodes for flashlights, they make amazing LED light bulbs that dont have the annoying blue light of CFLs, and amazing industrial/enterprise diodes. Phillips and GE are playing major catchup as Cree undercuts them on price with 2x the quality...it makes it hard to make a flashlight that is priced 3-10 times higher than the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom