Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I had a customer who was asking me gun related questions. He was not anti 2nd ,but stated he thought ARs should be banned. He had heard about their ability for auto fire. And said the bullets they use are very devastating. When I explained to him they are no different than other semis used for deer hunting and their caliber is considered too small in some stated for deer , he just stood there with a blank stare. I think he believed me and was thinking he had been duped by the media. I didnt ask because I thought I presented the truth very well and didnt want him to think I was trying to push an opinion.
    I get the same blank look when I put a 5.56 cartridge on the table next to a 30-30, .308 and 30-06 asking which is the AR-15 cartridge and which are the most popular cartridges in the US for deer hunting. They inevitably pick the 30-06 as the super-killy AR round. It's even more fun if I add cartridges for my antiques, like a 577/450, to the mix. "Uh, that one actually fits a single-shot rifle made in 1874."

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I get the same blank look when I put a 5.56 cartridge on the table next to a 30-30, .308 and 30-06 asking which is the AR-15 cartridge and which are the most popular cartridges in the US for deer hunting. They inevitably pick the 30-06 as the super-killy AR round. It's even more fun if I add cartridges for my antiques, like a 577/450, to the mix. "Uh, that one actually fits a single-shot rifle made in 1874."
    It's amazing that even some people who think they "know" guns are very limited in what they actually know. I'd gotten into a dispute with a friend once regarding the whole 9mm vs 45 cartridge thing. This was clear back in the late 90s, and we were talking about it from a ball ammo perspective. He didn't own and had never owned a 45 auto - only 9mm - and he didn't really understand the size difference until I brought in an empty case in each caliber, and I showed him how the 9mm fit inside of the 45 with plenty of room to spare.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD

I’ve done something with pictures.
    Showed a picture of an MP Ar 15 chambered in 5.56 and an MP chambered in 22lr and asked which one was a scary black rifle that should be banned.

They couldn’t understand how they looked identical and one would be legal and one would not be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coehorn

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    I made this display board to show the MGA and the Red Shirt Nazis different bullets. Of course, the idiots that run that place wouldn't allow it in the building.

Because 12 bullets glued to a piece of Butternut is a mass shooting waiting to happen.

The folks I've shown this to outside the Kingdom of Potted Plants don't pick sample J.

Attachments

• PXL_20240401_154640835.jpg
      PXL_20240401_154640835.jpg
      381.3 KB · Views: 112

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I made this display board to show the MGA and the Red Shirt Nazis different bullets. Of course, the idiots that run that place wouldn't allow it in the building.

Because 12 bullets glued to a piece of Butternut is a mass shooting waiting to happen.

The folks I've shown this to outside the Kingdom of Potted Plants don't pick sample J.
    Next time give it to a staffer of one of the (few) 2A-friendly Senators or Delegates to see if they can get it into the building for you.

Coehorn

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    Maybe we will be able to get our hands on those 50 year old Howa AR180 rifles.

C&R, B!tches.

PS: The democrat party will be tripping all over itself giving us back our 2A rights. SCOTUS has no teeth. SCOTUS rulings only work when politicians are willing to embrace SCOTUS rulings. The Left is not willing to obey these rulings. The Geriatric has proven this time and time again. Paying off the Hitler Loving Brown Shirt's student loan debt is just one example.

Last edited:

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Haven’t watched it yet but Mark Smith posted discussing the amicus briefs.

Meh, pretty much nothing new. He spends a couple minutes quoting the brief, then the rest of the time explaining why it’s correct in its interpretation of Heller and Bruen, why the case should be taken up because the 4th CA played games, and that like Bruen this would be a 6-3 decision with 99.99% certainty.

I hope it gets taken up and Frosh sees his crown jewel law entered on the law books of history for the entire country as an example of unconstitutional acts and he’s forever associated with it.

mal316

MDS Supporter
    Jun 3, 2023
    Frederick, MD
    Meh, pretty much nothing new. He spends a couple minutes quoting the brief, then the rest of the time explaining why it’s correct in its interpretation of Heller and Bruen, why the case should be taken up because the 4th CA played games, and that like Bruen this would be a 6-3 decision with 99.99% certainty.

I hope it gets taken up and Frosh sees his crown jewel law entered on the law books of history for the entire country as an example of unconstitutional acts and he’s forever associated with it.

Five years ago a 14 year old girl was murdered in a horrible way by two migrants in Prince George's County. They had not been handed over to ICE because of an edict by Frosh to Maryland LE not to cooperate with ICE.

I hate that man with a passion. That girl's death is on his hands.

"Two teens arrested last week on charges stemming from a horrific killing in Maryland were supposed to be deported last year, but local authorities didn’t turn them over to ICE, the immigration agency said Tuesday.

Prosecutors say the teens, Josue Rafael Fuentes-Ponce, 16, and Joel Ernesto Escobar, 17 — suspected of being MS-13 gang members — feared they would be ratted out for an April robbery, so they and an accomplice snuffed out a 14-year-old suspected snitch. They made her strip before beating her with a baseball bat and chopping her with a machete.

The girl’s body was found in a creek this month."

Edit: At the time, I emailed his office twice. Neither email was replied to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom