Suppressor recommendation for 223rem bolt action rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Looking for suppressor recommendations for 223rem bolt action rifles. Something on the lighter side (around 8-9oz if possible) and not too long as this would be on 20" barrel rifle. So this would probably mean I would be giving up some of the quietness factor on the suppressor? Not sure if $1k budget is reasonable. Appreciate the feedback!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Go .30 Cal. You sacrifice very little in suppression and gain a world of versatility. Consider this one.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes, go .30cal.

I'm a YHM fan so, Resonator R2

Last edited:

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Yes, I don't need to be caliber specific suppressor. Just wanted feedback/suggestion from the experience suppressor user here. These things are too expensive and have too long wait times to experiment via trail & error, lol! So trying to up my odds of getting the right one for me.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yep, .30 cal. I am partial to rugged suppressors myself
    Rugged Radiant. Is fairly light and can be used in full length or short configuration. Also - free tax stamp if you order before Nov 30!!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’ll second YHM. They get more work done out of a small can than anyone else. Also price point is very good.
    I have a Phantom 762 lta that I use on several .30 and 5.56 guns, and no matter which gun I use it on, poi is the same with, or without the can. Not many suppressors can make that claim.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I don’t know what your budget is, but, how about the Alaskan 360/360ti? It comes with a 36 cal. front plate, but you can get the .30 cal or 5.56 front plates. It’s light weight and is said to suppress 5.56 down to 130db’s. Free tax stamp like Calicos suggestion, until the 30th. Wait until you’ve registered your suppressor with Rugged, to buy any attachments. You’ll get 30% off of everything once you do.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don’t know what your budget is, but, how about the Alaskan 360/360ti? It comes with a 36 cal. front plate, but you can get the .30 cal or 5.56 front plates. It’s light weight and is said to suppress 5.56 down to 130db’s. Free tax stamp like Calicos suggestion, until the 30th. Wait until you’ve registered your suppressor with Rugged, to buy any attachments. You’ll get 30% off of everything once you do.
    Dammit. Now I need one.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Budget is around $1K. I liked your youtube video with your 22lr suppressor! I have a dead air mask hd.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The 360 can be used with 9mm and can be used with other "industry-standard mounts", but does not have a short version, so it depends on which is more important to you. DEFINITELY register before buying accessories!! The 360 titanium version weighs like a rimfire can, but is well over the budget of $1K.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Ok, here’s a quick question, I have 3 rugged suppressors but I have no idea how to register them or if they already are and how do I buy accessories directly from rugged because I usually just get my parts and pieces from silencer shop?

Sorry for the thread Jack

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OP, in summary, there are a lot of good cans out there. Get any of the major name brands (in 30 cal) mentioned here, and I guarantee you will have a much more pleasant shooting experience.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Go .30 Cal. You sacrifice very little in suppression and gain a world of versatility. Consider this one.

There are two things I like about this can: (1) it's direct thread so no mount required, unless you really want a taper mount. (2) The long configuration is 9" and the short 7.5". Kind of like long and extra long configs. Most dual config cans are 5.5" and 7.5".

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Ok, here’s a quick question, I have 3 rugged suppressors but I have no idea how to register them or if they already are and how do I buy accessories directly from rugged because I usually just get my parts and pieces from silencer shop?

Sorry for the thread Jack
    No worries, it's all learning about suppressor and how to take advantage of freebie's offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom