• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Well, yestarday I shot my first groudhog while using my Spectre can on a Savage .17HMR. I had tested it and did a quick POI check and found that it made things a lot quieter. The surprise came when I shot the GH as I could hear the bullet hit, smack very clearly. A large female fell over and didn't move, just like it's suppose to happen. :thumbsup:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    That's pretty much what I plan on doing with an SBR'd PS90 and a suppressor. The 5.7 round is a 40 grn. Hornady VMax bullet. Perfect.

Lots of groundhog/nutria around here and the state pretty much wants them all dead because they are an invasive species taking out the bay.

This is one of those times I feel compelled to help the state of MD.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    That's pretty much what I plan on doing with an SBR'd PS90 and a suppressor. The 5.7 round is a 40 grn. Hornady VMax bullet. Perfect.

Lots of groundhog/nutria around here and the state pretty much wants them all dead because they are an invasive species taking out the bay.

This is one of those times I feel compelled to help the state of MD.

I too am looking forward to do my duty as a Marylander and terminate the invaders at a friend's farm in the next few weeks.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Funny, I was thinking about this thread this morning at 4am. My neighbor's dog was barking his head off. We have 4 chickens in our back yard. I know the day is going to come when something tries to attack them. A suppressed 22 would make it a lot more neighbor-friendly.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Nice! Where did you pick up that SWR Spectre from? I've been looking on and off for one.

I got the can thru Continental with Jeep's help. He's not working there at this time (I have heard) because of the new baby Jeep. :)

There are some other sources, as weell, such as MidCounty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom