• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rugbier

Jul 19, 2010
    MD
    Does anyone know where to obtain Kevlar Wrapped or similar Suppressor Cover.

Looking to cover different caliber suppressors.

( I am aware of TAB )

Thanks in advance

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Would the sound dampening mats for car firewalls be any good? I'm sure they're built to take heat. Just wondering.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    What about this:
    be0c951e-a6cc-4657-a793-587d5cccab3c_400.jpg

Oatey Heat Shield 18 In. x 18 In. Hands Free

Model # 31400
    Store SKU # 411396

$15.98/EA-Each

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Did some research once for these. Don't do extensive shooting with it on; they can melt onto the suppressor and/or accelerate heat damage. They are meant for sparse shooting, typically at long range.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    Did some research once for these. Don't do extensive shooting with it on; they can melt onto the suppressor and/or accelerate heat damage. They are meant for sparse shooting, typically at long range.

+1
    I have a TAB Gear .223 cover that I just about ruined shooting full auto. Didn't make that mistake again.

Attachments

• 1tab2.jpg
      1tab2.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 207
    • 1tab1.jpg
      1tab1.jpg
      120.9 KB · Views: 196
    Last edited:

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS

Well considering covers are "insulating" a part coming out of the business end of a firearm I'd assume one would not shoot crazy amounts of ammo at a fast pace with one on! One of my can' is a 22LR (never going to get hot) and the other is a 223 which won't be seeing any full auto use or rapid fire for the most part. I definietly would remove ANY type of cover before doing so though. Since part of the purpose of a cover is to help prevent the heat mirage I'd assume most use em for long range/paper work and less carbine full auto use.

beenaround

Apr 2, 2009
    Yeah I only used my TAB cover when I was shooting long range. Its really nice for killing the mirage effect when using a scope and its cold out. My suppressor never really got hot until I introduced it to my SBR. And by the time paper work came back for my lower I had already sold the cover as well as the .223 bolt gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom