• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Those of you that have any NFA items know the time, effort and costs involved.

I've been looking around to try and find a hard case for my Sparrow - something with more protection than a soft pouch. I do NOT want that thing to get damaged.

Any ideas? I've been googling around but haven't come up with much.

Last edited:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Find a cheap stainless thermos and use that. And you can put it away hot if needed.

JWGuns

Aug 29, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    Check out this website:
    http://www.mycasebuilder.com/

This is the route I'll be going, a friend of mine did and it came out really nice, they have stock gun dimensions, but you can create any thing you want.

I like the thermos idea though, you can find those at any Goodwill in town. Much cheaper too.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Check out this website:
    http://www.mycasebuilder.com/

This is the route I'll be going, a friend of mine did and it came out really nice, they have stock gun dimensions, but you can create any thing you want.

I like the thermos idea though, you can find those at any Goodwill in town. Much cheaper too.

That's a cool website. I'm going to work up a case for my new AR and see what it looks like. Thanks for the link!

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I keep all of my loose cans (those not integral to a firearm) in individual soft cases. Either the ones that came from the manufacturer or in an aftermarket case. I found that for the large subgun cans, 12"x 3" zip up padded knife cases work well. I've never had any problems with any of them getting damaged.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    The only problem I have is forgetting to bring the piston(s). :o

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The only problem I have is forgetting to bring the piston(s). :o

I avoid that problem by keeping a set of 3 small pouches in my range bag that have all of my pistons, threaded adapters, and suppressor threaded mounts.

It's hard enough just remembering to bring the right suppressors, mags, and ammo to the range. :innocent0

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I avoid that problem by keeping a set of 3 small pouches in my range bag that have all of my pistons, threaded adapters, and suppressor threaded mounts.

It's hard enough just remembering to bring the right suppressors, mags, and ammo to the range. :innocent0

:lol: QFT

And don't forget batteries for optics and hearing protection. :innocent0

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    How about a small pelican case? That way you can cut the foam for size and put any tools/attachments in the case as well.

Pelican makes nice little cases in the product no range of 1015-1060 These are not the "suitcases" you might think of when you think of Pelican. They are boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom