• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Okay folks...

I'm thinking about a supressed .22, but would like something that is pretty accurate. I'm thinking of a Ruger MKIII, or a Browning Buckmark, or Beretta NEOS, but no clue which is the easiest/best to suppress, and what can is recommended?

I do really like all three, but know absolutely nothing about suppressors and am open to advice.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I plan on supressing my Ruger MKIII this year.

My research has shown that supressors reduce kick and have little if any effect on accuracy positive or negative. Some (Chad at Scotts) add a target crown and other fun stuff to your stock barrel if it needs threading. 2A Sales has a bunch of suppressors in stock and will let you fondle them.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    In my experience, a suppressed Neos isn't going to be quiet as a MKII/MKIII or Buckmark. However the Neos is cheap, reliable, mags cost $10 at CDNN and Hi-Desertdog will thread your existing barrel for $114. If you are anywhere near Annapolis you can give mine a try. I have a TAC-65 can

Attachments

• IMG_2217.jpg
      IMG_2217.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 219

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Thanks guys! So what's the deal with the Ruger MK III replacement barrels? Are they considered the reciever?

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Yes, the replacement barrels for the Ruger's are considered the receiver so a 7 day wait is in order and is a little more expensive to replace than just threading the barrel.

If you go with a Ruger .22 configuration. You could send it off to Tonado Technologies and have them thread it for your suppressor. This is a cheaper alternative for the Ruger or any of the host .22's you decide on.

But, I like JeepDriver have a different upper on my Ruger MKII 22/45. The Aluminum upper with the suppressor gives a better balance and feel to the weapon in my opinion. Using the stock barrel which is steel(heavier) and adding a suppressor to the end of it can make the whole package feel front end heavy(again, my opinion). It was worth the extra $$$ to me to get the aluminum upper from TAC-SOL. Which already comes threaded for your "hush hush" toy.... :D

I suggest trying to find a few different set-ups to shoot first and see what you like.

Good luck in your quest....................... :)

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    My Ruger MKII with can is silly accurate, but my favorite host is my Glock 17 with Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. (see my avatar)

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    My MkII grip with the PacLite barrel is extremely light vs the standard steel bull barrel and jumps around significantly more when I shoot it, but with the Spectre hanging off the end it is back to stable and muzzle heavy.

One thing to consider is that Ruger can decline to service your MkII/III if you thread the barrel (or they can require you purchase a new barrel from them before they'll service it), if you use a Paclite then you're in the clear.

Definitely get a stainless-steel, user-serviceable can.

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Thanks for this! Yeah, it'll be a quest, and hopefully, a shorter one...I got some thinkin' to do on this, and some creative budgeting to do...

So, is the Ruger MK III barrel/reciever user replaceable, or does it require a 'smith?

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Thanks for this! Yeah, it'll be a quest, and hopefully, a shorter one...I got some thinkin' to do on this, and some creative budgeting to do...

So, is the Ruger MK III barrel/reciever user replaceable, or does it require a 'smith?

My understanding is that it's take off old one, put on new one.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    The Ruger manual shows you how to take the barrel/receiver off the frame for cleaning purposes. So you just do the same process for putting on the new barrel/receiver :D

But I will tell you this much, the first few times you attempt to do this
    you will get :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom