• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Cut & pasted from AA County release

Just before midnight on Sunday night, our Police Department was notified that a car rally - the kind where hundreds of vehicles take over roads, intersections, and parking areas, overwhelming police with their numbers and demonstrating dangerous maneuvers - was moving toward Crofton from Bowie up Route 301. They were headed for the lot in front of the Giant at 301 and 424. Our patrol officers mobilized and blocked access, forcing them to continue north on 301.

Next, they headed toward the Target on Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie. Our officers got there first again, and used their vehicles to funnel them back onto the highway, with no injuries reported.

From there, the rally drove toward the intersection of Dorsey and Ridge Road in Hanover. Again, our officers got there first in large numbers, and once again they funneled what was by then over 1000 vehicles out of the area.

That’s when the organizers decided that it was time to leave Anne Arundel County, and many of their frustrated followers headed home. Anne Arundel County Police did what other agencies have been unable to do. With brilliant coordination and an overwhelming show of force, they restored safety to our streets, showing us that our investments are paying off.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Kudos - to the troops and I am assuming shift supervisors.

Amazing what cops can do when they’re not assigned (assuaged) to the dept “dance team” (see DC* MPD thread)

* DC = “Democrat Corruption” (At its finest!)

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Great job by the fuzz. I recently was coming home late from poker in severna park and came across some cars on 10 north bound doing some pulls. They were 3 wide and rolling at 70mph. I just trailed and watched the brake lights disappear

Saberwalk

MDS Supporter
    Aug 13, 2020
    MD
    I guess, I am missing the point. Shouldn't these fools have been arrested and their vehicles impounded, or at least, license plates videotaped and fines issued? Is this approach more of a safety concern notwithstanding the time?

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I guess, I am missing the point. Shouldn't these fools have been arrested and their vehicles impounded, or at least, license plates videotaped and fines issued? Is this approach more of a safety concern notwithstanding the time?
    Police intervened before anything illegal occurred is what I read.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Max Rockatansky Approves!
    th-2113747204.jpg

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Police intervened before anything illegal occurred is what I read.
    I doubt it. They just kept 1000 vehicles circling the county. I bet more than a few laws were broke along the parade route (red lights being run, stop signs ignored, lane changes, etc), and a lot of innocent people were delayed and inconvenienced.

What they did was rain on their party and frustrate the participants. Maybe they will keep it in PGCo next time.

It also sounds like someone was embedded in the group or tapped into their Twitter feed.

I still mark it up as a win, but not an end to the shenanigans.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I doubt it. They just kept 1000 vehicles circling the county. I bet more than a few laws were broke along the parade route (red lights being run, stop signs ignored, lane changes, etc), and a lot of innocent people were delayed and inconvenienced.

What they did was rain on their party and frustrate the participants. Maybe they will keep it in PGCo next time.

It also sounds like someone was embedded in the group or tapped into their Twitter feed.

I still mark it up as a win, but not an end to the shenanigans.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    My post was in response to people being arrested and vehicles being impounded. Full disclosure: I did not fully stop at two stop signs yesterday. If the punishment for doing so was arrest and vehicle impoundment I would not have done so.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Awesome job by the Law enforcement. Its a shame they have to deal with this BS when they have other things going on. In my eyes these people doing this stupid chit are punks. I have run into them once blocking road and thinking they own whatever and do careless stuff in cars

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    My post was in response to people being arrested and vehicles being impounded. Full disclosure: I did not fully stop at two stop signs yesterday. If the punishment for doing so was arrest and vehicle impoundment I would not have done so.
    Sorry, not really disagreeing with you. Its just that a 1000 car carnival rolling across the county must have had some real issues going on. AACo police must have used a lot of discretion when handling this situation.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Awesome job by the Law enforcement. Its a shame they have to deal with this BS when they have other things going on. In my eyes these people doing this stupid chit are punks. I have run into them once blocking road and thinking they own whatever and do careless stuff in cars
    I hate to admit I kind of admire the ungovernable miscreants. :innocent0

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    As a car enthusiast I hate this younger generation and their version of being an enthusiasts. God damn mentally deficiency having kids.

Like how many videos of a car smacking a pedestrian or another car do you need to see before you realize how stupid these are.

And meanwhile all normal car enthusiasts will suffer the wrath of the government overreach because of their stupidity

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom