• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Good luck. I tried the same thing and was never able to so im going to sell my frame.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    I believe the lack of response has to do with some ATF ruling from back in 01/2015.

If I recall correctly they created a gray area when it comes to lending/borrowing tools and equipment to turn your 80% chunk of metal into a working firearm.

I have the Stealth Arms 1911 jig and would never consider lending it to anyone. Then again I am pretty anal about all my tools and do not lend them out.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I would be willing to sell my phantom Jig if anyone is interested. I would be a little reluctant to rent it out as I wouldn't want it back afterwards.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    That issue resulted from the number of AR 80% lowers being made. Even a CNC program...which is what triggered it...written and transferred, loaned, etc is considered manufacturing. That letter did state the receivers need to be finished on equipment owned by the individual finishing the receiver.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    That issue resulted from the number of AR 80% lowers being made. Even a CNC program...which is what triggered it...written and transferred, loaned, etc is considered manufacturing. That letter did state the receivers need to be finished on equipment owned by the individual finishing the receiver.

Which is all the more reason why people should be willing to buy or sell jigs rather than renting or lending. It's a grey area that I personally don't want to play with. I'm 8 days into an NFA transfer, I don't want to mess that up with anything stupid.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I have a jig I used successfully for one frame. I would be willing to sell mine for a 'reasonable'. PM me an offer if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom