• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    Here's mine I put together about 5 years ago. It uses the AWC integral suppressor. Don't feel bad on your cost so far. I have well over $2500 in this one.

There are 2 things you might want to get/do for reliability for a suppressed 10/22. One is to buy a hardened, polished guide rod. You can get Volquartsen's which comes with a new handle too or Power Custom has just the rod and spring. Both work as well as the other. You will notice a big, smooth difference in the bolt travel. The original rod is soft steel and is rough and gauged feeling direct from Ruger. The other thing to do is to re-radius and polish the rear of the bolt assembly. This will help it ease over the hammer. Suppressed 10/22's don't seem to have enough power to cycle 100% reliable out of the box. I had to do a lot of tweaking and a lot of trial and error with aftermarket parts. Also if you put Volquartsens hammer sear kit in, don't put theit extra heavy spring in unless you aren't getting good ignition. The heavy spring just makes it harder for the bolt to cycle. Don't bother trying the Volquartsen bolt in it either. This caused a lot of headache. HTH

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    So Norton-- How long before you're makin' the trip to Continental to get yourself in on the action??? I can't wait till my paperwork comes in. All I can say is that the blasted Raccoons I have on camera (Bushnell Infra-red trail cam) breaking into my trash cans-- better run for the hills!!!!!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Jeep walked me through the whole thing--easy. Just have about $1100-$1200 to play with. If you already have a 10-22 that you want to use as a donor, it's a little cheaper.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Hey Chad,
    Me thinks you might want to call Tac Sol and start reserving some set-ups... While you're doing that, I think I'll be checking for stock options in them :).

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I built one up a few months ago from a 10/22 I had sitting around for awhile. Really fun rifle. Easy to do, but I did not change any internals.

Hogue OM stock
    Leupold VX-I 2-7x28
    Leupold rings and base
    Tac Sol threaded barrel
    Tac 65 supressor
    Harris bipod

Attachments

• 1022.jpg
      1022.jpg
      42.8 KB · Views: 305

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I built one up a few months ago from a 10/22 I had sitting around for awhile. Really fun rifle. Easy to do, but I did not change any internals.

Hogue OM stock
    Leupold VX-I 2-7x28
    Leupold rings and base
    Tac Sol threaded barrel
    Tac 65 supressor
    Harris bipod

Nice!! I've got the Tac Sol integral suppressor on the rifle and I will be getting the Tac Innovations Quest on the pistol.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I don't think the integral supressor barrel was available when I did mine. I like it this way because I can take off the TAC 65 and use it on my Buckmark pistol also.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I built mine after I saw one on the rimfirecentral forum. That one had a olive green Hogue OM stock - looked good as well.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    What are the going prices on a .22 cal suppressor? (not including the $200 "tax")
    Also, can they be swapped between say a Walther P22 and a Ruger 10/22?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    What are the going prices on a .22 cal suppressor? (not including the $200 "tax")
    Also, can they be swapped between say a Walther P22 and a Ruger 10/22?

$265 for a Tac 65
    $325 for a Gem Tech Outback II

Yes, you'll just have to get a threaded barrel for the 10/22. They area 1/2x28 thread.

Last edited:

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Chad you're a bad bad man...

how long does it take to get the peperwork back for a suppressor ?

I loved shooting my P226 with your suppressor ...

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I just picked up my first 10/22 today.
    Apparently the previous owner never fired it, and it came with the following: Ruger scope mount w/ screws; 2 Eagle 10-round interlocking magazines; Eagle ventilated hand guard; Eagle muzzle break; Eagle extended Mag release; Volquartsen recoil buffer; Volquartsen automatic bolt release and a Tasco red dot scope.

It seems perfect for low buck plinking.

Maybe I'll even get a silencer from Jeep eventually. :D

1022.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom