• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd seen and heard about their new 3 Gun rifle, the only thing I don't really care for is the Samson Rail, I'm more of a Daniel Defense guy there, other than that..., if one happened to wind up in my hands, I'd be very content.

I kinda wish they'd stayed off the radar for a while longer, keep the prices down so I could get more toys..., their 6.8 SPC upper is something I'm interested in...

That and their factory-fresh SBR's has got to pique some interest too.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Ok, this is more or less what I expected to hear so far, anyone care to give a rough number for a round count on their's?

I have about 6500 on my Model 3HL with the only issues being a few ftf's that needed a 2nd hit and a few fte's that were due to sub-par ammo. My Model 8L is near infamous if anyone saw my 'Extraction Issue' thread, problem has since been solved, that one has about 3200 thru it with the last 1600 being issue free.

So far it seems for the most part everyone has been pleased with their purchase, has anyone done a Carbine class or any other tactical class with their's?, if so, how'd it handle it?

I have about 1000 through mine. Mostly remanufactured ammo, never had a FTE or FTF.

Would love to take a class but have little extra cash right now.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I have a Stag upper on my DPMS lower, it has performed perfectly with any ammo since new. I've got a few thousand rounds through it so far.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Sounds like another pleased owner then..., good to hear it.

BTW - I'm in no way affiliated/employed by Stag, just looking to hear about other's experiences with this maker.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I have the Stag Model 8. No problems!

Ok, this is more or less what I expected to hear so far, anyone care to give a rough number for a round count on their's?

I have about 6500 on my Model 3HL with the only issues being a few ftf's that needed a 2nd hit and a few fte's that were due to sub-par ammo. My Model 8L is near infamous if anyone saw my 'Extraction Issue' thread, problem has since been solved, that one has about 3200 thru it with the last 1600 being issue free.

So far it seems for the most part everyone has been pleased with their purchase, has anyone done a Carbine class or any other tactical class with their's?, if so, how'd it handle it?

How do you guys like the Model 8 compared to an LWRC?

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I have a model 4, after removing the HBAR barrel and replacing it with a FNMI barrel, its a very nice handling gun, fit and finish were superb.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've had very little trigger time with an LWRC, believe it was an M6A3??, I liked it for the most part, just didn't like the price at the time. Very nice guns, but you do pay for that upfront.

I'll admit I had a small issue with my Model 8L in the beginning, didn't extract 1 brand of ammo reliably, but with that solved, I enjoy it very much, I'd enjoy an LWRC just as much..., as long as I didn't have to pay for it...

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Wish I could help, but I've never shot an LWRC. Wish I had though.

Try to. They are sweeeeeeet rifles.

I've had very little trigger time with an LWRC, believe it was an M6A3??, I liked it for the most part, just didn't like the price at the time. Very nice guns, but you do pay for that upfront.

I'll admit I had a small issue with my Model 8L in the beginning, didn't extract 1 brand of ammo reliably, but with that solved, I enjoy it very much, I'd enjoy an LWRC just as much..., as long as I didn't have to pay for it...

Yeah the price of the LWRC's are a turn off, but they are such good guns. One of my buddies has a couple LWRC's including a REPR. The REPR is ****ing sweet, especially suppressed but the price for any LWRC is out of my range.

What kind of ammo were you running through the Model 8L when you were having issues?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As a customer, I'd agree 100% there, anytime I've had an issue (very rarely) or question, called David at Stag and he's always been great to deal with.

I think as a whole they don't get the recognition they deserve for a variety of reasons, but in my own experiences it's just shown me you don't have to go into debt to buy or build a solid, relatively rugged and at times surprisingly AR. Optics though, you can get into debt really quick there...

I have my Model 3HL upper just sitting around, I'm going to get my old man a lower and build him an AR for a gift, him being a lefty also doesn't hurt.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    At that time I was running Silver Bear 62 grain HP's on a very well-worn lower, so between the ammo and a possibly worn buffer spring, I was getting casing's with the rim's ripped off while being left in the chamber, went to a fresh buffer spring and heavier buffer for cheap insurance, it now fire's/ejects every .223/5.56 round I feed it.

I know, LWRC does make an EXTREMELY sweet rig, but god I didn't want to put myself in that boat financially, I got my Model 8L with rail, Mag-pul goodies and EO-Tech for the cost of a decent LWRC...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You gotta change that jac43k, your missing out on the fun, I didn't make it 2 days after either of mine were done, hit the range with a determination that can't be described.

Before I go any farther, how long have you owned yours?

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    I have a Stag 2HT upper on a Spikes lower, RRA 2-stage, CMMG parts, with Magpul ergonomics attached, and a Spikes heavy buffer. It has run great from the start. Few thousand rounds through it, some slow fire, some rapid, some very rapid. I've fired 5 or 6 brands of ammo, including steel cased and reloads. The only problems I have had were my own fault due to swapping back and forth between steel and brass cased. I think I'm going to buy an EOTech for it now.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    You gotta change that jac43k, your missing out on the fun, I didn't make it 2 days after either of mine were done, hit the range with a determination that can't be described.

Before I go any farther, how long have you owned yours?

one year two months birthday present from the wife :sad20: I have over 5000 rounds :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom