• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • "She said that elementary principals had reported many issues related to school visitors."
    Cause and effect at play here...
    But then, some school officials find issues with children eating poptarts. When will the madness end?

beafly.cakes

They made a rule... To protect children... From hugs.

Well, I for one feel completely safe sending my children to a St Mary's County Elementry School now. I mean, they are so secure that they are worried about hugs, homemade cakes and hurt feelings over birthday invitations.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    "Birthday invitations should not be handed out at school, Hall said, because students who are not invited could have their feelings hurt...."

Liberalism IS a mental disease...

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Don't know about you guys but I don't want anybody touching my kids, nor do I want some psyco mom making cock roach cup cakes for my kid either.... They are there to learn..leave the valentines cards at home and send some index cards instead.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    This is stupidity. You want to know why kids are coming out all ****ed up nowadays it is because they have no family involvment. The parents let the tv raise them and then to boot they are treated as a threat to everyone in the school.

I have to work at home with my kid to teach him that not everything he learns in school is the way it should be. I understnad the schools policy on dont fight back against someone who is physically harming you. I wouldnt exncourage fighting either but, I WILL NOT TEACH MY CHILD TO BE SOMEONES ****ING FLOOR MAT. MY CHILD WILL NOT BE THE KID THAT SITS AT HOME INTERNALIZING WHY HE IS BEING BULLIED AND MOCKED FOR NOT DEFENDING HIMSELF UNTIL HE FEELS THE ONLY WAY TO BREAK FREE IS TO GO ON A VIOLENT RAMPAGE.

The school systems preach being big on stance against bullies yet how many incidences do you have to hear of that a student reported being bullied and the administration did nothing.

My cousin had an instance where his son was sent home because another student was bullying him. My cousin told them that his son had reported the antagonizing and physical contact by this boy at recess day after day and the school did little to remedy the problem. The school told him there was little they could do outside of reprimand the boy and notify his parents. My cousin looked at the principle and said, "Ma'am I may appear scary to you but i can assure you I am not a violent man however, If this happens again where my son is hit by one of your students I am going to be here waiting for his dad to pick him up and I am going to leave marks on him the same way his child is leaving marks on my son. When I get arrested I am going to write my story in to the paper detailing all of our communications and your failure to protect my child that has led us to the point we are at now. If you care to prevent this it would be in your best interest to personally see to it that my son is left alone.

The schools claims to want to protect children except when they are needed the most. All of this pc ******** of kids getting suspended because they point their finger like a gun or eat pastries into the shape of guns is ********. Repressing human emotions during immense psychological duress is what cause kids to break. They know this. They know that the school system is as political an arena as any government facility is.

My sons school recently encouraged him to write a story supporting California banning lead ammunition because Ca's Dept of natural resources said the condors habitat was being poluted by lead ammo causing the population to die off. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? I educated my son and asked him if he really thought condors were flying around in the sky just looking for bullets to eat? Really? I think the dept of natural resources has been eating a little too much lead.

Family values are being stripped away and useless lies are being set in their wake. How is this liberal onslaught maurading through our schools? How are children being brain washed a mindest which is so contradictory to our founding principles in this country. It is disgusting to me.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Don't know about you guys but I don't want anybody touching my kids, nor do I want some psyco mom making cock roach cup cakes for my kid either.... They are there to learn..leave the valentines cards at home and send some index cards instead.

Well, to be blunt here, the simple answer here is to teach and tell your kid to say thanks but no thanks, don't punish all the other kids and parents who wish to partake.
    And as for the fear of hurting a kids feelings its better for them to learn it early, like we did, that the world is not all nice and fluffy. That is a lesson they currently learn when they get out of school and find out they actually need to work for their pay checks and promotions are EARNED!!!! not given. Is it any wonder so many young adults seem to be "loosing it" these days?

Walleyeco

Feb 10, 2013
    St. Mary's

Unfortunately, I have to agree. We are all a product of the world we live in. There are psychos out there. Just look at our elected officials...

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Unfortunately, I have to agree. We are all a product of the world we live in. There are psychos out there. Just look at our elected officials...

I was a volunteer for several years in after-school programs. My wife was a teacher for 31 years. This was at a Title I school where the kids were frequently from single-parent homes (and bad ones at that).

I'd walk in to volunteer and the kids would mob me in a big "group hug." It wasn't perverted - it was rewarding for both of us and made me feel great about volunteering. Sometimes my wife would have to comfort a kid who didn't get any sleep the previous night because his or her mom got hauled off to jail. In many cases, I was the only responsible adult male role model they had.

This isn't going to protect kids from "psychos." It's going to isolate them further from positive human contact some of them desperately need.

Names like Lanza, Cho, Kliebold, and Harris should get your attention because they're the kids that grew up to be school shooters. All of them were disaffected and mentally disturbed in some way. We need to CONNECT to kids better, not disconnect from them.

I'm sorry, guys, but your paranoia about "psychos" just doesn't cut it. Every volunteer and every teacher undergoes screening. Very seldom is a volunteer alone with kids. Classrooms have big windows for observation. You're barking up the wrong tree.

This is the reason you're losing good teachers and volunteers. My wife retired last year, partly because she couldn't take this kind of ******** any more. You reap what you sow, and these measures do far more damage than good. It's the same kind of "reasoning" that has us suspending kids for Pop-Tarts and plastic army men.

May 13, 2005
    This is liberal, nannystate F$cking bullsh$it. It does nothing to protect the children, and it only serves to make them part of the problem with the pussification of this country.

No hugging your friends - stupid. My son hugs friends/teachers and neighbor Mom volunteers at school all the time. Go ahead and punish him, I would love to come in and discuss this policy if they do

No cupcakes from the neighbors (but you are fine with a convict or dropout making your food at a restaurant)

No giving out birthday invites because the one who didn't get one will have hurt feeling - well boo hoo, too f*cking bad...

School volunteers can't play with kids on playground, including pushing on swings. Stupidity.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    The world isn't what we grew up in anymore.

5 mile radius from my closest school and I'm rural. If banning hugs means I don't have to slit someone's throat for touching my kid, I'm fine with that! They should be executed on the first offence but that will never happen. It sucks but that's the world we live in. Mine will go to a private school if I can help it. There could be a couple on here and we don't know it.

http://sorm.towson.edu/mapview/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom