• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    i dont have time to watch all of his videos. what was his problems?
    ive heard of this gun before, and a big issue was that the mags cost like $100!
    i dont have experience with any semi auto shotgun, but a saiga seems like a much better choice.

SRM_Arms

Jun 13, 2012
    Hello guys, I'm Jason from SRM Arms.

@ampdog, thanks for posting the link about the 1216. Like any other gun manufacturer, or business for that matter, there are customers who will post negative feedback. It's a good thing our outstanding feedback outweighs that!

@nomo613, these mags hold 16-rounds and they are unlike any magazine you've seen. The weapon itself is not comparable to any other shotgun. On a Saiga, can you switch the charging handle, safety switch, ejection port, bolt release, etc? The 1216 is a true ambidextrous weapon that allows you to do all of that, customizing it to be your perfect weapon. For law enforcement, this weapon is a dream, as it's the only semi-auto shotgun that lets you easily switch out the lethal bolt to a less than lethal bolt, making it a mean beanbag launcher.

Thanks again and I'm around if you guys have any other questions. I'd be happy to help.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    your right theyre not like any other mags, i'd like to see some guy try to carry a few of those mags on his vest!

its cool that this weapon is full ambi, but still i think normal mags would work better in most situations.

SRM_Arms

Jun 13, 2012
    I see what you're saying, but I suppose it's subjective.

If I was in a combat situation where I had to carry more than 16 rounds, I'd prefer to have a couple lightweight mags on my belt strap and load another 16 rounds in seconds as opposed to loading loose rounds or going through low capacity mags. In a home defense situation, if you're needing more than 16 rounds, I'd say more trips to the range would have been a worthwhile investment...hah.

The mag is extremely light weight and easy to reload. It's not as impracticable as it may sound. :D

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    you have some valid points but how light are they? no matter how you cut it thats 16 rounds of front heaviness. does it feel balanced when loaded?

SRM_Arms

Jun 13, 2012
    Yes, it feels balanced when loaded.

In one of our reviews from Tactical Weapons magazine, Leroy Thompson stated, "When the fully loaded magazine is inserted and locked in place, it's ready for action, and due to the well-balanced distribution of the shells, it does not add noticeably to the weight." An empty mag weigh's 1lb. 5oz.

Another cool feature about the mag is that it acts as a forearm too, so you can go prone easily or rest the shotgun on a barricade or anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom