Sr. Software (Embedded) Engineer Opening - Jessup MD.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Hi all,

One of my clients has a rather tough-to-fill opening, so I figured I'd post it here.

This role is a hybrid in-office position out of Jessup MD for a large financial services company.

PM me for additional details. Happy to share salary ranges and company details for those interested.

Here's the description:

My client is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to collaborate with the software engineering team to meet company objectives for new product development and improvement of existing product lines.

Successful candidates will be highly involved with new product development as well as assisting in the professional development of the software team.

Responsibilities:

- Develop embedded software, mostly in C and C++, for microcontrollers in new product development and sustaining engineering

- Contribute to design reviews, code reviews, and mentoring within the team

- Work with Senior Engineers in all departments and the Director of Engineering to plan, formulate and schedule all aspects of research and development proposals

- Work with Engineering and Product Management to review quality and process improvements and new product development within the scope of the department

- Work with Product Management as a technical lead to help guide future product development

Required Skills:

● Bachelor’s degree in one or more of the following: Software Engineering (or equivalent degree), Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics

● Expert in C and C++ in embedded development on microcontrollers

● Familiarity with Python and Bash

● Bare-metal development and debugging on microcontrollers

● Strong interpersonal skills - ability to collaborate, teach and mentor others

● System architecture design

● Procedural and object-oriented concepts, design patterns, and methods

● Strong technical writing and documentation skills

● Experience developing over the full lifespan of firmware: requirements, specifications, implementation, test, factory deployment, and life-cycle maintenance

● At least 10 years software engineering experience (a little bit of flex here but more senior is preferred).

Preferred Skills:

● Experience in hard-real-time control and fail-safe systems

● Experience with RTOS use on microcontrollers

● Experience in power electronics controls development

● Familiarity with Agile development practices

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey