• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Seeking first-hand experience , how are these as far as reliability? I know the receivers are cast instead of drop forged wondering how they hold up. If i recall correctly the receivers are made in Quebec? I did a search but usually the info it turned up was not very helpful

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Not a damn thing wrong with them, the whole cast vs forged issue is overplayed, for the average user a cast piece will outlive you

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I have a Springfield M1A national match and it's eaten everything I've fed it. It's never had a misfeed or failure to extract. It's a little over a year old so I can't say it's been time tested. Lately, I only use match ammo in it but again, it's been super reliable for me.

Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    I have an M1A Loaded that I got back in October. I've only put about 200 rounds through it, but I have no complaints whatsoever. There are a few companies that put out this style of rifle. Each, of course, has it's detractors and supporters. IMHO Springfield Armory puts out a fine example. You won't be sorry.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    If i recall correctly the receivers are made in Quebec?

And, what does that mean? SA's 1911 frames are from Brazil and there is at least one big $$ semi custom 1911 maker who uses frames that start out in S Korea.

Would ATF allow a rifle receiver to be imported? They stopped the importation of the Imbel FAL receivers.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    My m1a is just a few years old and it's been great. Absolutely no issues with match trade ammo or surplus 7.62. It's one of my favorite guns

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I have a Springfield M1A national match and it's eaten everything I've fed it. It's never had a misfeed or failure to extract. It's a little over a year old so I can't say it's been time tested. Lately, I only use match ammo in it but again, it's been super reliable for me.

Same exact story for me except I have only used surplus ammo. It runs great.:thumbsup:

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I love mine, but I only have 800 rounds through it. Can't attest to the long term reliability.

Very solidly built as far as I can tell.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I have a few m1a1's and I love them. My national match has several thousand rounds down range and is running with not even a fart!

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Seeking first-hand experience , how are these as far as reliability? I know the receivers are cast instead of drop forged wondering how they hold up. If i recall correctly the receivers are made in Quebec? I did a search but usually the info it turned up was not very helpful

If you want a forged receiver, Polytech is the cheapest way to accomplish that. I plan on selling one soon... We'll see if I keep it... I have a lot of firearms I will be selling shortly.

Mark

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I bought a loaded a few years ago and put some work into it, the fit and finish are first rate, the parkerizing is smooth and durable, they are well built out of the box. Mine has never jammed, it's always accurate, it's my favorite rifle, have a couple thousand rounds through it ranging from US milsurp to match handloads. The recievers are machined from 8020 investment castings, Fulton Armory uses the same method for their excellent rifles. There really is no problem with this method of manufacturing, and you don't give up anything to forged for 99% of any purpouse you could use the rifle for.

S7300659.jpg

Kais

Mar 20, 2011
    Halethorpe
    I have a Springfield Scout that I bought a few years ago that hasn't given me any problems so far. It has taken everything I've tried to feed it from Brown Bear to match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom