• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGibster

Aug 17, 2010
    Dorchester County
    My FFL has had no luck locating....his distributor(s) know the pistol...the story that's coming back is, no MD shell casing available right now, had some earlier...don't know when it will be available again.

Anybody know of one one on the shelf in MD (new)? Oh yeah, I would ride to Virginia or West Virginia to get one if i have to, just would prefer not to

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Shell casing have nothing to do with it. Some of the shops here can fire the case. The guns are just hard to find. I have a 40 and love it. Just may not be practical for me. If you're interested, let me know.

TheGibster

Aug 17, 2010
    Dorchester County
    I have one in stock.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to talk to the owner of my local FFL and see if will work with me on this.

I presume you have no problem transferring to another FFL if all the bills are paid.

I'd come up from the Shore and get it personally, but I'm trying to chew away at some store credit that I have from a custom order that did not come through.

Last edited:

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    If you want to deal with them Gander mountain has one on thier used online site.

TheGibster

Aug 17, 2010
    Dorchester County
    Shell casing have nothing to do with it. Some of the shops here can fire the case. The guns are just hard to find. I have a 40 and love it. Just may not be practical for me. If you're interested, let me know.

Thanks for the reply, but I really want this pistol in 9mm.

Yeah, a few MD FFLs have the proper license to do the shell casing firing (very nice) but, (and this has happened to me), out of state distributors will not ship into MD an, as of yet, non MD-approved pistol. Maryland being a "flagged" state & other yada yada.

If you read the whole thread you saw that A2 Sales in Jessup has one in stock...nice.

Plus, another forum member (MikeC, I believe) knew of a place in WV that has the proper license and is willing to work with MD residents. The idea being that distributors would have no problem shipping into WV.

I would go either of those routes to acquire an EMP, but I am trying to use up "store credit" that i have with my local FFL. It doesn't look like my local FFL will work with me on the transfer from A2 Sales, but I haven't had a face-to-face with the owner yet. I posted the thread just to see about availability before posing the option to my FFL.

Last edited:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Sounds like you need to find a better gun shop to deal with.

Some dealers will not do transfers on guns that they sell in their store. Of course, if they can't get you a gun to buy, they need to relax their rules a bit.

TheGibster

Aug 17, 2010
    Dorchester County
    Sounds like you need to find a better gun shop to deal with.

Some dealers will not do transfers on guns that they sell in their store. Of course, if they can't get you a gun to buy, they need to relax their rules a bit.

Agreed; they still might work with me on this....I don't think it's been done before, but I have been a frequent customer. Owner's decision. Haven't talked to him yet....would rather ask face-to-face as opposed to on the phone & I don't feel like going for a 20 min ride in this blisterer of a day.

Modrak

Jun 1, 2010
    Walkersville
    Yeah, a few MD FFLs have the proper license to do the shell casing firing (very nice) but, (and this has happened to me), out of state distributors will not ship into MD an, as of yet, non MD-approved pistol. Maryland being a "flagged" state & other yada yada.

Just to be clear, the EMP IS an approved pistol. The fired shell is an administrative thing done for all new handguns, separate from the handgun roster. Out-of-state distributors shouldn't have any problem sending an EMP to a MD FFL. If the distributor is confusing "regulated" with "not-approved" then they should probably be educated on the mix-up.

Plus, another forum member (MikeC, I believe) knew of a place in WV that has the proper license and is willing to work with MD residents. The idea being that distributors would have no problem shipping into WV.

The gun would still need to be shipped to your FFL IN MD before you could take possession of it.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Modrak, in a previous thread TheGibster had issues with a distributor who wouldn't ship a handgun to MD because according to them it wasn't "MD Compliant", because as TheGibster said, it was lacking a fired casing. The unnamed distributor was acting as guardian for the world.

Yes, I know ATF requires a dealer to abide by all the laws, but the distributor should have realized that the transfer dealer in MD couldn't transfer the gun unless it was 100% compliant.

Modrak

Jun 1, 2010
    Walkersville
    Modrak, in a previous thread TheGibster had issues with a distributor who wouldn't ship a handgun to MD because according to them it wasn't "MD Compliant", because as TheGibster said, it was lacking a fired casing. The unnamed distributor was acting as guardian for the world.

Yes, I know ATF requires a dealer to abide by all the laws, but the distributor should have realized that the transfer dealer in MD couldn't transfer the gun unless it was 100% compliant.

Ahh, ok. Makes sense, I must've missed that thread.

TheGibster

Aug 17, 2010
    Dorchester County

Right on the mark, mikec....you state facts clearly in a couple of sentences. Facts that I can't communicate clearly in several paragraphs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom