• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ITG

Jan 26, 2011
    Frederick County
    Spikes posted a letter on the front page of their site stating that demand is so high they will no longer give an estimate of lead time on orders. Not sure how long it has been on the site.

Glad they are getting the business, kinda stinks because I am impatient.
    :tap:

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I was originally planing to purchase my Spikes upper a little later after I got my lower and when I went on the Spikes forum I noticed how long people are waiting so I panicked and purchased my Spikes upper from Gunbroker.
    I just realized it's going to be no fun waiting indefinitely and it will probably be cold again before I even get to use it.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    S L O W

We just received an order last week for some uppers that were ordered March 8th, for example. We're still awaiting orders that were placed in March.

They really aren't all that efficient, or really have any idea at all on demand verses supply chain i don't think. It seems like it's always "no idea when we're getting everything in but once it does come in give us a month to get it assembled and we'll get em out the door!" :lol2:

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I was just reading on their forum and based on one of the statements from Spikes it seems like they are giving preference to distributors and law enforcement but that is just a guess.
    I am hoping to hear some good news in the next week or so for the lower GB.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I was just reading on their forum and based on one of the statements from Spikes it seems like they are giving preference to distributors and law enforcement but that is just a guess.
    I am hoping to hear some good news in the next week or so for the lower GB.

I have "heard" they are LOOKING at doing this, but doesn't sound like this is the case yet. To be fair, we have been getting NiB BCG's in stock quickly as they seem to be pushing these out the door for us nicely (as in same week shipping). But, they also get them in 100% done and all they need to do is throw them into a box, so it's pretty easily done. We are kind of borderline "distributor" level. We get some volume discounts if we order enough of an item, and have been awaiting a distributor price list for going on 3 weeks now. They're quick at everything :lol2:

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I have "heard" they are LOOKING at doing this, but doesn't sound like this is the case yet. To be fair, we have been getting NiB BCG's in stock quickly as they seem to be pushing these out the door for us nicely (as in same week shipping). But, they also get them in 100% done and all they need to do is throw them into a box, so it's pretty easily done. We are kind of borderline "distributor" level. We get some volume discounts if we order enough of an item, and have been awaiting a distributor price list for going on 3 weeks now. They're quick at everything :lol2:

I am new here and wish I would have known you had the uppers in stock. I would like to be purchasing from you in the future.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I am new here and wish I would have known you had the uppers in stock. I would like to be purchasing from you in the future.

We are currently sold out of uppers but always have stock kind of incoming in spurts. Which upper are you looking for? We should have some more 9" BAR hitting us before long (along with some Spike' Dyna Comps) and some M4LE 16" Carbine's hitting us on Friday or Monday at the latest.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    We are currently sold out of uppers but always have stock kind of incoming in spurts. Which upper are you looking for? We should have some more 9" BAR hitting us before long (along with some Spike' Dyna Comps) and some M4LE 16" Carbine's hitting us on Friday or Monday at the latest.

Actually I placed an order last week and it should be here any day now. Next time with you for sure.
    I got a 16" middy spikes on gunbroker. It looks like anything Spikes is in demand.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Dont feel bad im impatient too. Although i think the wait for the group buy has proved i am able to wait for a sbr or supressor. Hopefully the group buy isnt on that list that will take longer to come in.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    Either Spikes will pick the pace up or they will lose alot of customers and money. People will only wait until they have the money for something better. At the rate Spikes is going, I will have enough money for a Noveske and wont even bother contacting Spikes.

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    We also dealt with some long waits on getting parts lately. Uppers, receiver extension kits, lower receiver parts kits... Although we always get them, and the quality on the parts is good. Worth the wait, if you have the patience lol.

We use Spikes LRPKs in our shop builds. I think it's pretty much the best stuff save for DD and Colt in terms of standard semi kits with rounded hammers, at a low price. No one wants to pay $200 for the LRPK from Colt!

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    Either Spikes will pick the pace up or they will lose alot of customers and money. People will only wait until they have the money for something better. At the rate Spikes is going, I will have enough money for a Noveske and wont even bother contacting Spikes.

Based on my contact with them, they realize they are gaining popularity and one guy (can't remember his name at the moment...) in particular whom I placed an order with seemed proud of it. I hope they step up as they provide a good product. However, the trend in the industry usually has gone something like "oh crap, demand is skyrocketing, let's sub out or buy cheaper parts, re-brand them and charge the same thing" in the last couple years.

I have my fingers crossed, as they've been a good source for people looking for quality at a good price!

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I think spikes is a real sleeper though. Their quality is much higher than their price-point IMHO.

I don't know a whole lot about Spikes and was just curious how much of their manufacturing is in house. Do they just assemble the parts of various manufactures and add their specialized coatings kind of like how Dell sells computers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom