• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    I just installed one of these trigger adjusters and am very happy with the results. I have yet to shoot with it, but there is a very noticeable difference when dry firing. A very nice upgrade for the money I spent.

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    Another Spike's Battle Trigger user here, it's in my 11.5" SBR right now. Very nice, no creep and on a "combat" rifle, I see no need for a 2-stage or anything lighter than the stock mil-spec springs.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I love the Spike's Battle Trigger on my ST-22... I run it with normal-pull JP springs, and it's one of the best triggers in my safe.

That said, I still rather like my RRA 2-stage, haters or not. But if it breaks, I'll probably replace it with a SBT and a drop-in adjuster.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I just got the spikes battle trigger, j&l drop in adjuster, and jp reduced pull springs. Everything was really easy to install, but I have a question. Since the fcg is all new should I wait to fire a few hundred rounds before I locktite the threads on the inner adjuster bolt? Will the adjustment change after it breaks in, or if I have light strikes with the lighter springs and have to change them?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I just got the spikes battle trigger, j&l drop in adjuster, and jp reduced pull springs. Everything was really easy to install, but I have a question. Since the fcg is all new should I wait to fire a few hundred rounds before I locktite the threads on the inner adjuster bolt? Will the adjustment change after it breaks in, or if I have light strikes with the lighter springs and have to change them?

You can loctite the adjuster screw now. The spikes wont wear enough to change the adjustment. If you have light strikes just replace the hammer spring. The set adjuster wont effect light strikes.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS

You're our first guinea pig since we picked up the J&L adjusters. Let us know how the whole setup works :party29:

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    I make my own adjusters with SS hardware. If anyone is interested I have about a dozen available for $15 each. I can make more as needed. PM me.

DSC01805.jpg

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    You're our first guinea pig since we picked up the J&L adjusters. Let us know how the whole setup works :party29:

Will do, I'm looking forward to getting out to the range. Every time I plan to go something comes up at the last minute. Thanks for getting everything out to me so quickly. When I got the email, I expected you to say you'd let me know when the battle triggers came in. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was conformation everything had shipped. :D

69Roadrunner

Dec 25, 2011
    Highland, Utah
    Newbie from Utah here. Found your forum several times while doing Google searches for information. Found out about these great trigger adjustment screws and decided to join just so I could get a hold of Marc. Ordered them Sunday, got them Thursday and installed one set today in my carbine. All I can say is "Wow!" My FCG is a stock Del Ton unit that has several thousand rounds through it. Had a hard time living with the creep/take up. Marc's screw set took care of that problem and now I have a perfect break. Can't wait to get the Spikes Battle trigger from AIM which I'm going to install in my rifle length AR along with the other screw set I ordered from Marc. Can't beat the price when you consider that you can get two of these for less than one from Brownells.

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    Newbie from Utah here. Found your forum several times while doing Google searches for information. Found out about these great trigger adjustment screws and decided to join just so I could get a hold of Marc. Ordered them Sunday, got them Thursday and installed one set today in my carbine. All I can say is "Wow!" My FCG is a stock Del Ton unit that has several thousand rounds through it. Had a hard time living with the creep/take up. Marc's screw set took care of that problem and now I have a perfect break. Can't wait to get the Spikes Battle trigger from AIM which I'm going to install in my rifle length AR along with the other screw set I ordered from Marc. Can't beat the price when you consider that you can get two of these for less than one from Brownells.

Thanks for the good review 69Roadrunner.:party29:

I have plenty more made now. They are $15 each plus $5 shipping for as many as you want.

PM me for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom