• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WASKIS

Mar 6, 2015
    Charm City
    Anybody know where I can get the best deal on a Spike's stripped lower? Either Baltimore local or online? Joebob's has a couple for around $89 or so (free shipping after $90)

Preferably looking to find the Punisher model... they seem to be sold out everywhere though.

WASKIS

Mar 6, 2015
    Charm City
    I heard about Bollinger's - just don't think I'd be able to make it out there in the next couple weeks...I'm in the process of moving to another house in Baltimore so my weekends are tied up.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Anybody know where I can get the best deal on a Spike's stripped lower? Either Baltimore local or online? Joebob's has a couple for around $89 or so (free shipping after $90)

Preferably looking to find the Punisher model... they seem to be sold out everywhere though.

So you took our advice to build out your lower instead of buying complete.

You won't regret it. Very easy to do. I bet if you got your parts kit, stock, tube, grip, you would be over the 90 for Joe Bobs. I love Joe Bobs. :rolleyes:

WASKIS

Mar 6, 2015
    Charm City
    So you took our advice to build out your lower instead of buying complete.

You won't regret it. Very easy to do. I bet if you got your parts kit, stock, tube, grip, you would be over the 90 for Joe Bobs. I love Joe Bobs. :rolleyes:

Sure did! Of course the lower that I really want is sold out and they don't know when they're getting more in. I could buy a Blemished one but for $10 more I'd rather get a flawless one. The only place I found that has the Punisher ones are on the actual Spikes website but they're $115.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Sure did! Of course the lower that I really want is sold out and they don't know when they're getting more in. I could buy a Blemished one but for $10 more I'd rather get a flawless one. The only place I found that has the Punisher ones are on the actual Spikes website but they're $115.

Buy the blemished. You will probably not even be able to find the blemish.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    well if you plan to actually use your gun then I would not even worry about the blemish. I am sure you will get a blemish on the first trip to the range.

WASKIS

Mar 6, 2015
    Charm City
    You guys have any recommendations on parts kits? I've been going back and forth between the standard Spikes LPK ($60) and the Spikes Enhanced ($160).

That's pretty much my price range, not sure if there is any better deals out there. Having the upgraded grip and trigger would definitely be a plus since I'd eventually add them anyways...just not sure if it's worth the extra $100.

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    You guys have any recommendations on parts kits? I've been going back and forth between the standard Spikes LPK ($60) and the Spikes Enhanced ($160).

That's pretty much my price range, not sure if there is any better deals out there. Having the upgraded grip and trigger would definitely be a plus since I'd eventually add them anyways...just not sure if it's worth the extra $100.

I just shot my Spikes Lower with Spikes parts kit. That is the $69 one. The trigger pull is a little heavy with a somewhat gritty feel. My take on it is this. It went together flawlessly and fit well. The trigger is really the part you will eventually want to place if you replace anything. Otherwise the stock parts all work. Triggers are not that hard to replace. Back the pins out, remove the trigger, put a new one in.

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    You can also buy a "builders kit for about $40. (It's a LPK with no trigger) and buy this trigger.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/405650/jp-enterprises-competition-trigger-ar-15-small-pin-154-3-lb-single-stage-matte

It's a much better setup than the enhanced Spikes LPK.

You could also go this way. So $40 for the LPK without the trigger and then $84 for this: ($120ish total)

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hiperfire_AR15_Hipertouch_EDT_Enhanced_Duty_Trigge_p/hf-edt.htm

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    For the longest time I was recommending guys to buy the basic kit and upgrade later when you know what needs to be upgraded. These days I say do it right the first time. Get the standard kit with no trigger parts and then buy a top notch trigger. The basic AR is a fantastic weapon that doesn't need much upgrading except for the trigger. With the advancements made in the past 5 years with triggers there really is no reason not to just start with a great trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom