• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    Well I was looking for more purchases... like always...
    and it started off simple enough..
    Realized the only revolver i had was an old H&R 22 short..
    So I had to get one.

picked up this S&W pre model 10 2". Finish is rough, and it will make a good shooter so I jumped on it.

pre102.jpg

pre10.jpg

Well I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then the addiction kicked in. How am I supposed to be happy with a .38 special? I need a .357. And i need it now! well after time on gunbroker i found what I wanted, but wife was ready to kill me, Why do I need it? because i do!

Picked up a S&W pre model 27. Still rich deep blue.

pre27.jpg

pre272.jpg

Well that made me happy, for a day before i was back at the auctions.
    Well its the 100 year anniversary, and i have a ballester molina that shoots .45. So ill get a 1911 and make a statement! yeah thats what Ill do.
    So the addiction wins.

Colt 1911, 1918 manufacture, scratched off the US Property mark, but not obvious with whoever did the refinish. completely refinished years ago in nickel and gold. Now wife hates me.

1911.jpg

19112.jpg

cant really see it but the lettering is still sharp, and shiny.

19113.jpg

19114.jpg

So yeah, I need to take a break, and let the bank account recover some.
    But I had to have it! and wife cant stay mad forever.
    I Hope.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Wives dont stay mad forever bud.

They just find your credit card when you're passed out after football...

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    I probably wont refinish the model 10, just dont see any reason too because they are everywhere, and if i wanted one for more than just shooting I would just buy one in its original finish.
    The 1911 would be great if it wasnt refinished, but from what I understand the owner did the refinishing 30 some years ago, the family sold it off and i came into possession. It would be nice to have a ww1 1911 in its original finish but this will do for the time.
    Whats next? i dunno.. I got this C&R less than a year ago and I already have 13 handguns. its a black hole of money. I guess ill look for something in .380, just because thats one caliber i dont have, or maybe go wild like someone mentioned the other day and get a .44 mag in a pre-29 or 29 no dash. but would have to save for awhile for that.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I got this C&R less than a year ago and I already have 13 handguns. its a black hole of money. I guess ill look for something in .380, just because thats one caliber i dont have, or maybe go wild like someone mentioned the other day and get a .44 mag in a pre-29 or 29 no dash. but would have to save for awhile for that.

:beer: oh, well, join the club. Ask Inigoes about C&R Anonymous membership.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    Nobody warned me .357 mag was such a beast. and fun to shoot.. took my wife and her friend out and ran a box of 125 grain winclean through it.. just wow.

pre2710.png

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    This is why I wont get a C&R............to many items, to much clutter, I cant keep my collection oiled and cleaned as is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom