• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bananas79

Apr 11, 2021
    I saw some earlier threads on here... with a couple incredible custom A2 stock modifications designs to get an Sp5 to 29"

Unfortunately, I am no machinist and have no tools to even tinker around.

Has anyone come up with a modest modification path (stock A, with B stock pad glued & nailed with C stock connection adapter) or found a source for some customized stock to get to 29"?
    p&w to stock barrel is not a path Im interested in pursuing...

Thank you in adv. for your input / suggestions / guidance

VR

Bananas79

Apr 11, 2021
    Permanently attached suppressor is an option.
    ugh was planning on ordering a Revolution 9 for this SP5 today (last day of Griffin's Tax Stamp Rebate)... I guess I could go the the GP5 -- no I cant, thats just for 5.56. Not sure about DT cans for 9mm. This is really not what I want to do.

Really would prefer a stock mod. Some of the users here had a really cool design where they cut the rubber/plastic end, inserted some rods for additional LOP.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I made a spacer .625" long and added a A-2 stock. Ill look for complete picture later. It ended up being 29.1"
    extension 1.jpg

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Here is the A-2 stock

Attachments

• HK SBR.jpg
      HK SBR.jpg
      736.5 KB · Views: 408
    • A-2 HK.jpg
      A-2 HK.jpg
      224.7 KB · Views: 314

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Thought: Get an MP5 end cap with a sling swivel. Remove the sling swivel. Use a wood screw to fasten a dowel of suitable length. Put a buttplate on the dowel...or just some padding.

Second thought: Get an MP5 end cap with a 1913 rail section. Find a suitable stock (accepting that you might have to pad the end).

The right answer would, of course, be a run of wooden or plastic stocks with the appropriate fittings.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Another path is to have someone make a suppressor shroud like this, pin and done!

Easier said than done though, I asked TACSOL if they could sell the shroud separately and never heard back. This was back when they had AR uppers with similar setups.

opplanet-tactical-solutions-sbx-short-barrel-upgrade-matte-black-sbx02-main

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Another path is to have someone make a suppressor shroud like this, pin and done!

Easier said than done though, I asked TACSOL if they could sell the shroud separately and never heard back. This was back when they had AR uppers with similar setups.

opplanet-tactical-solutions-sbx-short-barrel-upgrade-matte-black-sbx02-main
    That's pretty easy to make.

Paging Mr SG. Paging Mr SG... :innocent0

Order one of the stocks linked below then throw some cash to SMDUB and you'll have a MD compliant SBR. Mine is a MKE/Century AP5 and is 29.1" to the tip of the barrel threads.
    The tax stamp is in hand and the SBR has been built.

ETA- A single deck screw is also required.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have read that the HK33 A2 stocks are longer, and will fit the MP5. Anyone know?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have read that the HK33 A2 stocks are longer, and will fit the MP5. Anyone know?
    The fixed A2 stocks are identical AFAIK. I went and checked the four spares I have in the parts bin, some w/ the rubber buffer and some without, and they all appear the same.

The ultra rare collapsing HK33A3 stocks are longer than the MP5 version. Since the 33 receiver is slightly longer, the rods on the stock are longer. A MP5 A3 stock will fit a 33 but not visa versa (well, I guess it would fit on but not collapse all the way to the locking position.) I do not know if the longer 33 stock results in a longer OAL/length of pull or not as I don't have one. Yet.

Its worth noting that the official OAL on the HK33A3 (collapsing) is longer than the HK33A2 (fixed). The collapsing vs fixed stock should be the only difference. I can go compare this on a MP5 A3 stock vs an A2.

Jason22492

Mar 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    The fixed A2 stocks are identical AFAIK. I went and checked the four spares I have in the parts bin, some w/ the rubber buffer and some without, and they all appear the same.

The ultra rare collapsing HK33A3 stocks are longer than the MP5 version. Since the 33 receiver is slightly longer, the rods on the stock are longer. A MP5 A3 stock will fit a 33 but not visa versa (well, I guess it would fit on but not collapse all the way to the locking position.) I do not know if the longer 33 stock results in a longer OAL/length of pull or not as I don't have one. Yet.

Its worth noting that the official OAL on the HK33A3 (collapsing) is longer than the HK33A2 (fixed). The collapsing vs fixed stock should be the only difference. I can go compare this on a MP5 A3 stock vs an A2.
    How about replacing the buttpad of a HK33 A2 stock with a lengthier one onto an SP5 like this one?
    I wouldn't know the exact dimensions so I'm not sure what the OAL would be but I wonder if that'll be anywhere closer to 29.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom