• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Hey, can anyone tell me how to get to the location of the hunters safety field day tomorrow? When I spoke to the gentleman from southern MD coon hunters, he didn't give me the address of the class. I thought it was on the DNR website but I was mistaken. This is the last one of these offered this year for the web-based class, and I'd really like to finally get my hunting license this year. Thanks in advance for any help guys and gals!

Sent from my Droid

Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    I did some light Googling. I'm not 100% on this, but I found this page that gives directions to the different training locations. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/nrp/education/mdvolhei/directions/directions.html

Here's the part you might need:
    Southern MD Coon Hunters: 40450 Coon Hunters Rd., Loveville, MD
    From Waldorf: Rt. 5 South about 20 miles, right at blinking light (Rt. 247 or Loveville Rd.) About 1.5 miles turn right at sign to Southern Maryland Coon Hunters. Take an immediate right; club house is about 50 yards on the right.

Good luck, I hope you find the place. That's an awfully long trip.

ZmagDnim

Jan 15, 2011
    California
    I did some light Googling. I'm not 100% on this, but I found this page that gives directions to the different training locations. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/nrp/education/mdvolhei/directions/directions.html

Here's the part you might need:
    Southern MD Coon Hunters: 40450 Coon Hunters Rd., Loveville, MD
    From Waldorf: Rt. 5 South about 20 miles, right at blinking light (Rt. 247 or Loveville Rd.) About 1.5 miles turn right at sign to Southern Maryland Coon Hunters. Take an immediate right; club house is about 50 yards on the right.

Good luck, I hope you find the place. That's an awfully long trip.

Correct, except it is no longer a blinking light. Just this week they activated a new stop light in its place.

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Wooo! Late night avengers for the win! I love this forum, thanks guys!

Ill call to double check the info before I leave. And that is an awfully long trip for me, but I suppose it's no worse than if I had to drive to Cumberland for 6 hours, which I have had to do for work before. Besides, its what I get for waiting til/ deciding at the very last minute to do something haha

Edit: It doesn't take me six hours to get to Cumberland, it takes about two each way. But I've had to turn around and come back after 6
    Sent from my Droid

robdiao

Oct 7, 2010
    Charles County
    Wooo! Late night avengers for the win! I love this forum, thanks guys!

Ill call to double check the info before I leave. And that is an awfully long trip for me, but I suppose it's no worse than if I had to drive to Cumberland for 6 hours, which I have had to do for work before. Besides, its what I get for waiting til/ deciding at the very last minute to do something haha

Edit: It doesn't take me six hours to get to Cumberland, it takes about two each way. But I've had to turn around and come back after 6
    Sent from my Droid

Going to the 1pm class today? Me and a friend of mine will be there. Never been to the place before, but it seems easy enough to find. Watch out for the amish buggies.

6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD
    I was there as well, it was a pretty nice day. Long, but I think they handled the amount of us well.

robdiao

Oct 7, 2010
    Charles County
    Yeah the instructors were all nice and helpful, they seemed a little annoyed that there were so many of us, but they handled it well and gave good direction. Glad to finally be legal.

Anubis

Dec 26, 2010
    My brother and I went also. Very helpful guys there

Same here. Not that I would ever hunt "illigally" ;) but its a nice thought to know I'm legit

robdiao

Oct 7, 2010
    Charles County
    To clarify, I hunt on my own property, but will be losing it soon and have to hunt on a friends property. Its in an area with almost no chance of trouble, but I didn't want to risk it.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    To clarify, I hunt on my own property, but will be losing it soon and have to hunt on a friends property. Its in an area with almost no chance of trouble, but I didn't want to risk it.

Even on your own property you techincally still need the hunter safety card you just dont need to pay for the license. That is if you were born after 1977.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom