Source for Beretta Police Turn-In's 9mm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    I got mine at The Cop Shop in Baltimore a couple of years ago. You may want to look at gun shops that are certified Glock LE dealers, since they handle a lot of the trades. Also, I think Bud's Gun Shop has them pretty often, but then you'll need to find a local shop that will handle the transfer. I know a lot of shops don't like dealing with Buds.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    stealing their buisness...:innocent0 instead of making a couple hundred or whatever they make on a purchase in shop, they are now only making 30-40 bucks on a transfer.

One of our IP's, that doesn't deal with Bud's, was very helpful to me when I had several other handguns transferred through them using other out of state sources. Even though the IP sold the same handgun as I was transferring, they called the gun's maker to verify age of gun to see if I needed to buy an Omega Lock.

I think Bud's made enemies when they said "NO handgun sales to MD".

To the OP, how many departments are still issuing the 92? During the last Presidential Inauguration, I talked with a LAPD officer carrying one, but who else issues them?

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    I talked with a LAPD officer carrying one, but who else issues them?

Hollywood cops carrying Hollywood guns, huh?

:)

To the OP, check with Mark at 2ASales - although not a Police trade-in, he did/does have a pre-owned 92FS for sale.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    stealing their buisness...:innocent0 instead of making a couple hundred or whatever they make on a purchase in shop, they are now only making 30-40 bucks on a transfer.

That's genius. The choice they are really making is between 30-40 on a transfer and zero on me finding another shop. That said, I like the local shops I've dealt with, and wouldn't be price shopping them. If it was a fairly generic item (say, a new Glock 19) the local shop gets the money. But if I find something rarer or used, it makes no sense for the local shop to get bitchy. Let's say I want a Beretta 92FS (and I do). If I wanted a new gun and/or wanted to pay that money, I'd pay and be on my way. But I'm trolling looking for LE trades for a reason. If a shop doesn't want to transfer a $400 used gun in order to sell me a $700 new gun, it's ridiculous. Apples to oranges.

Ah, screw it, I'm rambling. Time for a smoke.

Hdgmedic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2011
    One of our IP's, that doesn't deal with Bud's, was very helpful to me when I had several other handguns transferred through them using other out of state sources. Even though the IP sold the same handgun as I was transferring, they called the gun's maker to verify age of gun to see if I needed to buy an Omega Lock.

I think Bud's made enemies when they said "NO handgun sales to MD".

To the OP, how many departments are still issuing the 92? During the last Presidential Inauguration, I talked with a LAPD officer carrying one, but who else issues them?

Well, one thing's for sure. They sell handguns to MD now. That's where I found a particular item no one else could seem to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom