• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Presumptive Republican nominee John McCain will meet this weekend with two governors and a former primary rival long rumored to be on his vice presidential shortlist, CNN confirms – though senior advisers insist the visit is just a social one.

The news that Florida Governor Charlie Crist, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal and former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney will visit McCain at his home in Arizona was first reported by the New York Times Wednesday.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/21/mccain-hosting-friends-potential-vp-candidates/

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Charlie Crist is one of the most pro-gun Governors around, he recently signed a bill into law that prevents employers from prohibiting weapons in employees vehicles, among other pro-gun and pro-self defense measures, I would be quite happy if he got the nod for Veep

Crist supports the following principles concerning gun control:
    Repeal federal restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms by law-abiding citizens.
    Favor allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Charlie_Crist.htm

Some cool hunting pics of Huckabee.
    http://www.camospace.com/user/MikeHuckabee/gallery

His wife Janet is an avid shooter too with a concealed carry permit. She has used some serious firepower too!

"I have fired a grenade launcher and hit the target two out of three times, so I think that's pretty good odds for me," she said, noting that she had a special interest in military matters and has also jumped out of an airplane, flown in an F-16 and shot an MP5 submachine gun.
    Janet Hucabee said

When asked about gun rights, Janet Huckabee said the U.S. Constitution’s second amendment is about more than sport shooting. She said the amendment was created to allow people to protect themselves and should remain that way.”If someone wants to keep an AK-47 in their house, they should be allowed to. I have a .38 (caliber), .40-caliber Sig (Sauer) and a 9 mm Glock,” Janet Huckabee said.

Huckabee on gun control
    Second Amendmen is about freedom, not about hunting
    Q: You introduced yourself to New Hampshire voters this way, "Here's a guy who didn't just read the latest issue of NRA Magazine and decide he's going to be for the Second Amendment."
    A: Voters want someone whose views on the Second Amendment understand that the basic issue is one of freedom and it's not hunting.

Source: Fox News Sunday: 2007 "Choosing the President" interviews Aug 26, 2007

Owns firearms; enjoys hunting; supports 2nd amendment
    My position on the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution is as clear for me as the position held by most journalists toward the 1st Amendment. While I do not consider myself a "gun nut," I proudly own a variety of firearms and enjoy hunting as well as sports shooting. But even if I were not a hunter or did not enjoy shooting, I would still be a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment right of Americans to own firearms for self-protection and as a matter of principle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom