• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Not sure if you want to consider this Karma or not, but here goes:

Wonderful Chuck County has decided I have a pool that was not installed/permitted correctly. So instead of me paying permit fees and the like, I am getting rid of it. It is an Intex metal frame, 52" inch deep, 18' round pool. It utilizes salt->chlorine generation. It is a very nice pool, only 3 years old. If you want it or any parts let me know. I am putting it in the back of my truck today and it will be in the dump next weekend.

Full disclosure: The liner had a small rip (lawnmower threw a stone and the line was cut), but was patched twice over.

I have 1 spare pump assembly. The unit doesn't work quite right, but is good for parts. I also have several cleanable filters for the unit. I can deliver it if you are not too far away.

Anubis

Dec 26, 2010
    Something like 4500 gal difference. Lemme ask my pool girl if it'll work

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    a lot of counties have been doing it by google maps

st marys has even been going after people with those walmart inflated pools. apperantly there is a maximum size before you need a permit and it's along the size of a kiddie pool.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    st marys has even been going after people with those walmart inflated pools. apperantly there is a maximum size before you need a permit and it's along the size of a kiddie pool.
    I guess there must not be a single unsolved crime in the entire county if they've got time to shift their focus to kiddie pools. Right?

Well, I'd be damned sure to ask 'em that if they showed up on my doorstep.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Not sure if you want to consider this Karma or not, but here goes:

Wonderful Chuck County has decided I have a pool that was not installed/permitted correctly. So instead of me paying permit fees and the like, I am getting rid of it. It is an Intex metal frame, 52" inch deep, 18' round pool. It utilizes salt->chlorine generation. It is a very nice pool, only 3 years old. If you want it or any parts let me know. I am putting it in the back of my truck today and it will be in the dump next weekend.

Full disclosure: The liner had a small rip (lawnmower threw a stone and the line was cut), but was patched twice over.

I have 1 spare pump assembly. The unit doesn't work quite right, but is good for parts. I also have several cleanable filters for the unit. I can deliver it if you are not too far away.

The county is short on funds. What was it, $50.00? I heard it's $350.00 if you have a deck around the above ground pool. Did you get an option of removing the pool or paying the fine?

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    a lot of counties have been doing it by google maps

I had planned on sticking one like OP's up for kids this summer, and saw piece in paper about St Mary's going after them. Even little pumps are to be hard wired now!!!

May just get OP's if still available, and toss 2 or 3 fish in it next spring.
    Tell the county it's an aquaculture operation and they should give me a tax credit/ grant $$$ for alternative ag!!

Of course, kids'll still swim in it!!!!!!!

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Looks like I have a taker down my way - WhiteWhale056. Glad to find it a home vs just trashing it.

HOA is not the issue. I am sure the county puke who wrote it up was in the area for other work and saw it from the road. Nonetheless, the fine is $50 if I fix/remove it now (within 30 days). Then it jumps to $350 or so per month until fixed/permitted & inspected.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Looks like I have a taker down my way - WhiteWhale056. Glad to find it a home vs just trashing it.

HOA is not the issue. I am sure the county puke who wrote it up was in the area for other work and saw it from the road. Nonetheless, the fine is $50 if I fix/remove it now (within 30 days). Then it jumps to $350 or so per month until fixed/permitted & inspected.

Don't worry St Marys is full of bastards too. Put up a nice pool and within two weeks the pool had a nice orange sticker saying do not use stop work. So I politely did not remove the sticker, but swam anyway. The inspector gave me some BS story that they were there inspecting work that was done 2 years prior. I wasn't buying it. Also told me I had to move my pool about 50 yards or so. After paying a surveyor and reinspection fees AND they got me on my nice Amish shed. Fantastic redneck nightmare. At the end of the story, my hillbilly neighbor was pissed that I bought the house before his son could. The neighbor was in construction down there. Funny thing is, I sold the house and his son still wasn't able to buy...that was true Karma.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom