Sold the LC9 for an SR9c. My thoughts on it and Remora, too.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    So I had the Ruger LC9 for a time. It is a (barely) pocketable 9mm, and does have its uses. I found, however, that I was actually carrying my Scandium 1911 Commander more, simply because I have a really great Milt Sparks Nexus CCW holster. So I decided to sell off the LC9 and try something else.

I was torn between buying one of the 9mm Glocks, or going another route. Glock, however, is a bit more than I cared to spend, and I really am used to having a manual safety. I also had a bit of a bug to try something cheaper, yet reliable. It was a difficult decision, as I was really pulled toward (shockingly) the feel of the S&W SD9VE. That gun just feels 95% Glock to me, save the trigger, which is a cheap upgrade. The trigger wasn't as bad as I expected, at any rate. And at $329, that gun is a steal. I almost bought a new one (and may still do so in the future).

I ended up with a Ruger SR9c. I found a used (carried and well broken-in, but physically excellent) SR9c with an extra mag for $375 at a gun shop, and decided to jump on it. It's a sweet shooter with an incredible trigger. Man, I like this gun.

Oddly, I purchased (then immediately returned) a Crossbreed rip-off holster from another gun shop, but soon found that my Remora holster I already had carried the SR9c really well. I returned the Crossbreed rip-off, because it was originally for a Glock 26, and fit, but would hang on the sight. Kudos to the gun shop for being so understanding (the owner had told me the glock 26 holster would fit).

It's so odd that the Remora I had works very well with the SR9c, but was sort of a pig to carry with the LC9. In fact, I almost gave the Remora away with the LC9, but didn't. I'm so glad I kept it. It works so much better with the heavier SR9c. I can only guess that having a bit more weight was a better fit for the Remora holster I had.

Very happy, at this point. I've got a stone-cold reliable carry gun that can be high-capacity when I need it, yet very easily concealable. Better yet -- didn't break the bank!

Very impressed with the SR9c.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    The SR series is a price point gun done right. Its very underestimated imo.

Gundahar

Dec 31, 2012
    Fantastic!

Welcome to the SR9c fanclub.

Built like a tank.
    Good trigger.
    Standard capacity mags. ;)
    Can run it dirty as hell and it still works like it should.
    Shoots any ammo you feed it.
    Small enough to conceal but big enough to handle recoil of +P+.
    As accurate as you are.
    Easy to strip.
    Affordable.
    Ruger warranty.
    etc...

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Beats a Glock trigger, for sure. The safety is perfect for me, and just the right size and placement. The gun sits just perfectly under the shelf of my fat roll, and disappears. Haha

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    My girl bought a full size SR9 for her first pistol. I own a few Glocks but I readily admit that I shoot her SR9 better than my Glocks (except for the standard three dot sights vs my aftermarket sights on my guns.) It is the trigger, mostly. It's great for a striker fired gun. I have not yet fired a PPQ (which I hear may be the benchmark for striker fired trigger pulls) but I do like the trigger on the SR9 very much.

We did have a problem with the gun but Ruger took it back and fixed it very quickly and now its been 100% through hundreds of rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom