So What REALLY Happens With Guns purchased At Police 'Buybacks'???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Yeah, it just seems pretty misleading and hypocritical to claim that they are using buybacks to 'get guns off the street', then turning around and reselling them for profit.

At any rate, I'm sure the antis are much more annoyed about this than I am!!!

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    If the dept is doing it legally through a FFL or what ever the case may be there and the money is going into the dept budget not officers pockets I have no issue with it .

People got a few buck for turning them in and the police get a few more bucks in the budget . I would rather see them resold to legal owners then get destroyed .

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Clicked on the link...too many pop-ups to see. I think reselling the guns is fine. If someone doesn't want one and is dumb enough to turn it into the police, let them resell it to refund police programs and ONLY police programs.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Clicked on the link...too many pop-ups to see. I think reselling the guns is fine. If someone doesn't want one and is dumb enough to turn it into the police, let them resell it to refund police programs and ONLY police programs.

Exactly to add to that , As long as the police are trying to return them to the rightful owners first if they are found to be stolen from there sell away .

TrevorWills

May 20, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Yeah I have to agree I am fine with this. I mean if this can help the police overall budget I say do it. There's probably enough dumba$$es that we may even see a reduction in taxes.:rolleyes:

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Back in the early 70 (late 60s?) my dad was still a police officer in the town of Sparrows Point. (Retired in 76)

Baltimore City did one of the first gun "buy backs" and they were taken to Bethlehem Steel and tossed into the blast furnace.

It must have been the early 70s because the town as gone and my dad finished out his carrier as the department's (what was left of it) gunsmith, and firearms instructor. They kind of "farmed him out" to other departments.

Anyway, he was one of the ones who was checking off serial numbers one by one, as they went into the furnace. He said it made him sick, seeing the stuff that was going in there.

He said, they wouldn't even let him scavenge parts.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Nothing like police officers working as middle men to make a nice profit. Guess I would rather have them doing this than raising my taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom