• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I take a different line of thinking.

What's better than taking a bunch of an anti's money and then give a portion of that to MSI, NRA, SAF, etc?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather take work from a like minded individual/company but I certainly don't mind taking money from an anti.

I do a lot of work for a pretty famous vegan bakery in DC and don't mind taking money from those hippie dippie lesbian whack jobs.

That makes me a capitalist and has nothing to do with my stance on the 2A.

Exactly. I do deals with people, not investigate for a biography. Still :sad20: at the comment " I ask, if they look anti" :lol2:

If a HDLWJ makes a good donut, I'll buy it.. Not sure if that is possible vegan style though..

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Exactly. I do deals with people, not investigate for a biography. Still :sad20: at the comment " I ask, if they look anti" :lol2:

If a HDLWJ makes a good donut, I'll buy it.. Not sure if that is possible vegan style though..

I can't stand them, but someone likes them. They were on one of those Food Network shows and then moved out of a basement on 17th street to some really nice digs in the 14th and Park Rd area.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Many of us speak almost exclusively from that angle.

But, if we add, '... in light of the growing uncertainty and danger to our friends and families.'

No, many of us don't, and many of us don't look to try to have a discussion about it with anyone with a "D" beside their name, and that needs to change as well.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    No, many of us don't, and many of us don't look to try to have a discussion about it with anyone with a "D" beside their name, and that needs to change as well.

And THAT's what I'm talking about right there.

If we keep chipping away until the 2016 and 2018 elections and beyond, we may even encourage someone to oppose the anti-2A incumbents in 2018. :party29:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    An OP said they were too busy to vote because they work. I'm sure others have also seen those who said they wouldn't vote because they "didn't like any of the candidates" and/or "thought their vote wouldn't count."

I'm tired of hearing the whiney excuses. Let me point this out, loud and clear:

FIELD TRIPS TO LAWYER'S MALL ARE NICE, BUT VOTING IS THE ONLY WAY TO CHANGE THE COMPOSITION OF THE MGA. I SAY AGAIN - THE ONLY WAY.

2A Tuesday is a good civics exercise, but it won't change any faces in the next session. "Mike-Squared" won't be forced out or out-shouted unless many of the MGA players change, and that's done by voting in new people and voting the bums out. The operative word here is voting. iF WE COULD GET 10,000 NEW PEOPLE TO THE POLLS, IT WOULD CHANGE MARYLAND POLITICS FOREVER. Understand now?
    :mad54:
    /rant

There has to be someone on a ticket to vote for. No alternative, no success. Can't speak for others, but that's why I'm a Dino - on the state level of course.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    The fact is that it is not easy. The anti-gunners have been at this since before the greatest anti-gun propaganda film ever made was first introduced to the children of America in the most innocent and tear jerking fashion in 1942. It taught children just how horribly mean and nasty their fathers were for going out and killing Bambi's mother. They have our children's eyes and ears... And most of us don't even think twice about it... Watch the children's films WITH your children and see just how the man with the gun is portrayed... Odds are YOU won't like the mope with the gun either... But think about how it looks to a child... a young emotionally influenced innocent child, who is watching the "terrible hunter kill that poor innocent little animal"...

:cool:

I don't personally hunt although I have no issues with those who do so responsibly. Nonthess "The hunter that shot Bambie's mother" is my favorite answer to the question of "who is your favorite Disney character".

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

well I do deals with people also, just like minded people as much as possible.

I don't deal with antis for the same reason I wouldn't deal with child molesters and rapists, there is something wrong with them. look at frosh!

I know we , the 2a community, need to spread the word and get more people involved and I do what I can for new hunters and shooters but I wont deal with antis, period.

funny thing is it was not long ago we were all pushing for project Alamo, I guess people forget when we get away from election years.

attitudes like this is why central md has such bad representation. cut the anti politicians money off even if it means shorting yourselves a few dollars, don't deal with them or their donors or anyone who supports them.

but like I said, to each his own. just remember dealing with antis puts money in anti politicians pockets and that's bad for us.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We work for our family and money we earn is ours, no one else. Your paradigm is different. You are damn right I'll trade a six figure income and not lose any sleep not putting a NRA sticker on my bumper if I know it would cost me a client. We walk in to clients homes with photos of themselves with Obama etc. I'll take the $15K project and keep politics out of it.

Personally, I don't think anyone should fault you for that. You need to make a living and should take business when it comes. It isn't like you are helping them push their anti-gun agenda.

Not apathy...Burnout..

Some of us have been working in the 2A advocacy arena for decades...We have seen very few successes and too many set backs. We have tried all the classic tactics too many times to count, finally realizing that repeating the same failed strategy over and over has done little to nothing (but maybe prove our insanity). We have watched as the NRA has slowly walked back their support and their $$...and we have watched as more and more seats in the legislature are taken over by radical, venomous liberals who will never change their opposition to the 2nd amendment.

The bottom line is if you are going to remain living in Maryland, get comfortable with the idea of heavy handed gun control, heavily regulated concealed carry and further infringement on your 2A rights.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Not apathy...Burnout..

Some of us have been working in the 2A advocacy arena for decades...We have seen very few successes and too many set backs. We have tried all the classic tactics too many times to count, finally realizing that repeating the same failed strategy over and over has done little to nothing (but maybe prove our insanity). We have watched as the NRA has slowly walked back their support and their $$...and we have watched as more and more seats in the legislature are taken over by radical, venomous liberals who will never change their opposition to the 2nd amendment.

The bottom line is if you are going to remain living in Maryland, get comfortable with the idea of heavy handed gun control, heavily regulated concealed carry and further infringement on your 2A rights.
    Cheer up a little! 10 years ago only 27% of americans believed that private citizens should be able to carry a concealed firearm. Today that number is 56%. Progress is being made! Source: Oct 3, 2015 Washington Post.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Personally, I don't think anyone should fault you for that. You need to make a living and should take business when it comes. It isn't like you are helping them push their anti-gun agenda.

Thank you thank you...

How many people here like when the Jehovah Witnesses, or Moron fellows knock on your door and try to beat in to you something that you are not going change. I come to this board to BS with like minded people about gun rights. If you are living in an area where most your cohorts are anti, it's useless to bring up the topic on any level of reason when outnumbered and shouted down. We've been scratched off one list in the community, that I wouldn't mind not to have been so I'm not going share certain "values" when absolutely unnecessary. Would it surprise people in Garret or Queens Anne there are antis among you? They are not going to go against the grain there either.

One of my longest friends is super anti. We agree to disagree and move on. I'm not choosing friends or who I do business with solely on gun issues. Anyone wants to be seclusive, you are probably surrounded by enough like minded people to do so. Not where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom