So let me get this straight... Open Carry in Delaware???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    DE:

Open Carry allowed without a permit except in Dover.

I don't know to much about carry in DE. I hate that state.

PA:

Open Carry allowed without a permit except in cities of the 1st class. Currently Philadelphia is the only city of the first class in PA.

You need a permit in a car.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Anybody want to buy a business and two houses?
    ;)

I'm just gettin' "pisseder" by the minute.

We gotta do something about this $#*+ !

:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Anybody want to buy a business and two houses?
    ;)

I'm just gettin' "pisseder" by the minute.

We gotta do something about this $#*+ !

:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54:

Buy a third house in PA, have your PA address on the utility bills (which by PA law will be your primary residence), and budda-bing, budda-boom, you have a CC permit in 15 minutes.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Delaware is also the only place I've seen a "no guns" sign on private property.

And if you ever want a Delaware permit, you have to publish your intention in a newspaper ad and it must be a newspaper with a substantial subscriber base.

And I think they define substantial. :)

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Maryland... The Free State...

Another lie.

Yes... all adjacent states are good-to-go with OC for all, and CC with several NR permits (eg., UT)

Not quite...

Philadelphia OC requires a permit. If Pittsburgh keeps growing, it too may require one at some point when it reaches 1st class status. And a permit is required for OC in Dover DE.

And...

Philadelphia has enacted an illegal ordinance that carry in Philadelphia is allowed only with a Pennsylvania permit.

Philadelphia does not have the authority to enact a law like this; but no one has tested it yet.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Delaware is also the only place I've seen a "no guns" sign on private property.

And if you ever want a Delaware permit, you have to publish your intention in a newspaper ad and it must be a newspaper with a substantial subscriber base.

And I think they define substantial. :)

I see them on hotels in Ohio pretty regularly. But that's not "adjacent"...

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    One of the cool things about living in Virginia was driving around my 'hood with a Combat Commander on the passenger seat. At the time, there were certain young men in the area who would wander out in front of cars and suddenly need to bend over to retie a shoelace, facing away from (and pretending not to be aware of) the car they were blocking. One time, I sat and waited patiently. When Mr. "I'm So F'in' Funny" finally straightened up, he turned, "noticed" me, and moved just enough to let me slowly pass by. His smile disappeared, just before he made himself scarce, when he saw a satin nickle .45 auto within easy reach of my hand.

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    What about South Carolina? Can a resident or non resident carry a loaded pistol in their car?

http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCStateGunLaws1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:
    (9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver’s license, registration, or proof of insurance;

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    So South Carolina is even better than Md.

Plus you CAN conceal and carry when you stop at a South Carolina hotel or motel.

http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCStateGunLaws1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

SECTION 23-31-230. Carrying concealed weapons between automobile and accommodation.

Notwithstanding any provision of law, any person may carry a concealable weapon from an automobile or other motorized conveyance to a room or other accommodation he has rented and upon which an accommodations tax has been paid.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    According to the DE State Trooper I talked to, be prepared for a hassle if you decide to

Nothing like following the law and being harassed for doing so. :sad20:

I think you will find that most of the time in DE there is very little harassment for open carry. It does happen but not often. Have never been confronted at all the times I have done it.

Someone else already posted the link to Delaware Open Carry (deloc). Lots of open carry logs are posted there to read. Most LEO encounters are positive as they have been informed to the legality of OC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom