• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Factory style charging handle or a BCM 7.62 Gunfighter handle?

Because I did run into a Sig 716 that didn't play well with the BCM handle.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    The last PSA AR10 set I saw had an upper so far out of spec that the BHO literally hit the upper instead of being able to pivot. My money is on the upper being out of spec.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    The issues with the PA-10 since the roll out have been well documented. I bought a lower as soon as they were offered, but have waited on the build because of too many issues with the chamber specs and the fact that they are not true DPMS. To everyone reading this, wait. I have had good luck with PSA products in the past, but it's apparent there are issues with this product. Customer service with this company is lacking. Check out AR15.com threads on the PA-10. They are more active with the issues, being an AR specific site. (No dis to this site, of course)

-Whitey

xonid

Jan 28, 2009
    CalCo
    Does the upper push out the bolt catch paddle? Remove the catch and try it to charge it with out the catch.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Here's a PSA.

Folks should stop buying from PSA.

Unless you love great customer service when you have to return stuff.

PSA makes some good stuff...AR10s are not among them it appears(same with anything PTAC). OTOH, I just put 800rnds through the 11.5" PSA AR15 upper I just bought without a hiccup.

xonid

Jan 28, 2009
    CalCo
    Does the upper push out the bolt catch paddle? Remove the catch and try it to charge it with out the catch.

That is the issue we saw.

DPMS uppers have an indent for the bolt catch paddle.

first try, I broke of the paddle right above the set screw flush to the lower's top edge.... Using this method, the simple way to lock the bolt back without a mag, was to go through the mag well. You can also push on the bottom of the bolt catch, but there's not enough meat there to be consistent.. To release the bolt, just pull the charging handle and release forward..

second try, I bent the paddle and took off a little bit metal at the bend to clear the upper.. only issue is the paddle may break off in the future or it can snag on clothing when sling'd. This also gives you more leverage to operate the catch...

This has worked so far..

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I have a couple 5.56 uppers from PSA. They're great.

I think, however, my .22-250 build may opt for the Aero upper and lower set. I would say just get the upper receiver Mr. Macc posted above and swap parts if you're able. That will probably be a less stressful option than PSA customer service....it can be quite the wait.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    WORKING GREAT NOW AND SHOOTING LIKE A CHAMP. THANKS GUN CONNECTION!!!

What was the issue? I just purchases a PA-10 Lower and Complete Upper, seperately. They went together fine and seem to fit pretty well and everything seems to be working fine. I haven't been out to shoot it yet, waiting on the optics to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom