So I stopped by the Gun Center today.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wreckless

Mar 27, 2009
    Frederick
    So recently, I've been looking to get into the AR world and have all but decided on a Colt LE6940 (preferrably with the "restricted" roll marks). I haven't been to this shop in years, since back before the buildout. I even bought my first firearm from them (Mossberg Shotgun) back in the day. Even though they were slightly higher in price on that Shotgun, since they were at least in the ballpark I decided to give them my business because they were a local shop.

So I called them up and they said they have one in stock :thumbsup: and to come on in but, "Bring your checkbook!". So I decided to swing by after work to not only check out the AR but to check out the new shop. I was greeted promptly and courteously, I wandered for a few seconds and walked up to the counter asking about the Colt. The guy behind the counter spun around scooped it up and handed it over. When I looked at the price on the tag I thought to myself "is it still April fools day???" as I processed the listed price of $3,000 ...................... :shocking: . I asked if the price was for real to which of course he responded that it was. I then asked if it was one of the "Last 100" which I've seen to be priced higher than the regular ole le6940s with the "restricted" roll marks. Nope it wasn't...... He asked if I had seen it for a different price to which I replied "Yeah, about HALF that price" he then said that in that case it wasn't even worth having the conversation.

With that, I handed the rifle back and stepped away from the counter. Wandered a little bit more and then headed out.

I'm still kind of in shock over that price.....

Wreckless

Mar 27, 2009
    Frederick
    They seriously had $3,000 on it? Someone will buy it, no doubt about it.

Yup! I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The thing that got me was that he seemed insulted when I asked him if it was the real price. He also said that If I saw it for a lower price I should go buy it there. I'm all about supporting local shops but that price was just ridiculous.

Holy HELL.

I'll sell my 6940 LE Marked with ACOG for the first 3,000...no make it 2900 I get.

Maybe you could sell it to them for 3k then they can turn around and sell it for $5k!! :lol2:

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    They exist because of their location. A fresh crop of potential customers with every base transfer.
    I have been in that store, and have bought a gun from them, but what I heard definately matched my experience there. I was hoping they would have surprised me. I might go in for an accessory now and then because they usually have it, but they need to do some serious changing of their sales philosophy before I buy another gun from them.

Last edited:

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    I saw that ...the slapdick ex cop told me that a colt collector would pay it for the le rollmark. I about pissed myself laughing.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I've been shopping for a 1911. I pretty much have it narrowed down to one. I stopped in the Gun Center to look around and see what they had, lo and behold they had the one I wanted in the case, but at $241 ABOVE MSRP. I am all about giving my business to local dealer whenever I can, but not when they're gonna rape me like that. I thanked them and left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom