So after the election where do you think our 2A rights stand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdOne

hkJunkie
    Sep 19, 2010
    Catonsville, MD
    Now that he doesn't have to worry about reelection I can see the pen coming out and EO being signed that will effect our 2A rights. I can also see a great deal of damage being done if we get another anti in the SC.

As for Gay Marriage all religious institutions are going to be required to recognize them no mater what BS they are saying. Not required to preform the marriages but recognize them after the fact.

Thanks
    Robert

Hi Robert, had definitely not thought about that eventuality regarding 2A.

Due to the wording in the gay marriage bill, I believe that religious institutions will have full say in the matter regarding their own congregation. (And I also hope that cooler heads will prevail in the court system when this is challenged and enforce the separation between church and state.)

Respectfully,
    Sudhir

Sent from my Little Robotic Tether.

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    The realistic answer is no change anticipated.

I agree. Before the election people (citizens not politicians) showed major increase in 2A rights. Many people don't believe gun controll laws need to be changed or strengthened. As far as sales I can see Internet sale becoming more restrictive on ammo and powders from the government, also from the manufactures. It's simple supply and demand do you not think manufactures are going to charge as much as they think they can for their product?

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Hi Robert, had definitely not thought about that eventuality regarding 2A.

Due to the wording in the gay marriage bill, I believe that religious institutions will have full say in the matter regarding their own congregation. (And I also hope that cooler heads will prevail in the court system when this is challenged and enforce the separation between church and state.)

Respectfully,
    Sudhir

Sudhir,

I don't want to rehash what has already been said in other threads. The fact is assuming the courts react the same as they have in other states. Churches will either have to add Guy Married couples into all there outreaches or they will have to stop said outreaches. This includes things like adoption services.

Respectfully,
    Robert

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    While I have to admit I am disappointed by the process and outcome, realistically, I doubt there will be any meaningful change unless the economy returns to the depths of the crapper it was in 2 years ago.

The thing we need to be worried about more in the long term is the gerrymandering and incumbent fortification going on by both sides. How can a body with a sub 10% approval rating also have a 90% + incumbency rate? Are Americans really that stupid?

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    It would appear Americans are that stupid. It kinda seems like "battered wife syndrome" we hate where we are complain about how we are treated but when given the chance to change we keep going back and putting ourselves in the same situation. I'm not really talking about the presidential election but of state officials. It makes me sick to see the same people reelected but by such a landslide. It seems like only 30% of Maryland pays taxes.

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    While I have to admit I am disappointed by the process and outcome, realistically, I doubt there will be any meaningful change unless the economy returns to the depths of the crapper it was in 2 years ago.

The thing we need to be worried about more in the long term is the gerrymandering and incumbent fortification going on by both sides. How can a body with a sub 10% approval rating also have a 90% + incumbency rate? Are Americans really that stupid?

Yes I am afraid that Americans really are that stupid and that is worries me more than anything. I truly fear for the future of our country. Our "leaders" in Washington for the most part, not all, do not care about anything but holding their power so they are easily manipulated by their leadership. The citizens are obviously not engaged in any meaningful way and we have now a majority of either starry eyed liberals who are blind to the destructive path we are on or people who are on the dole and don't want the free stuff to end.

I realized last night that I have nothing in common with over half of Americans. It is a sad day.

WGS

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Are you sure? This is from last week. Read it carefully, especially the second to last paragraph.
    http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/...-this-election-its-our-turn-payback-time-wsi/
    Anybody think she's kidding?

Not at all...

"Obama's Brain" has ben a known quantity for years, now... though no one at the front dares confront them on it.

and we have two judges ready to go

Hmmm.... Sounds eerily like Lord Governor Martin St. Malley, no??? Anyone still wondering where he's getting schooled? Curran & Co. are right there, ready to fill any void.

Speaker2Wolves

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2012
    Well I dont know about you gentlemen but I made it a point to buy as much ammo as possible right after hearing the news.

No, that was not a call to violence but merely a semi-thrifty measure as I foresee the prices of ammo going even higher now.

Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, don't you think?

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Well I dont know about you gentlemen but I made it a point to buy as much ammo as possible right after hearing the news.

No, that was not a call to violence but merely a semi-thrifty measure as I foresee the prices of ammo going even higher now.

Always looking for a Bargain on Ammo and Magazines!
    -Probably an attempt to re enact an assault weapons ban by the Administration, but not much of a huge no holds barred legislative effort.

-They will keep the carry laws for National Parks.

-State level, the CCW issue could improve , but Md will not be a Shall Issue State.

That is my opinion - but I am wrong a fair amount.

Sep 14, 2012
    You foresee this because you think Obama will restrict sales of ammo?

No, I just imagine a lot of ammo will be purchased immediately due to a possible anticipation of such a suspicion. Also, given the demand will be so high I see it as an opportunity to raise prices.

A good example is the online distributor I use. LuckyGunner.com. I am in Afghanistan right now so my timings may be off a bit, but at roughly 11pm on the 6th LG had roughly 40 cases of 5.56 and a large amount of assorted boxes within 9 different brands/options listed in their inventory system, which they claim is real time. Now take a look at it. http://www.luckygunner.com/rifle/5.56x45-ammo

Last edited:
    Sep 14, 2012
    Always looking for a Bargain on Ammo and Magazines!

I have never been disappointed with Luckygunners stock, and prices. I think its one of the best kept secrets on the internet. Check them out if you haven't yet.

I am inclined to agree with predictions, but we still hold house majority. Ryan has kept his seat, I do not see another assault weapons ban happening without a fight.

But keep in mind I was 8 when Clinton enacted the last one, so I may not have a clue what I am talking about. :innocent0

matt.ruszala

Jan 31, 2012
    NorthEast Baltimore City
    So no one out there thinks things will be different if the current administration signs the gun ban with the UN?

You can buy all the ammo in the world but if you don't have a gun it won't matter.

You may at best, in the end, have a lever action 22LR rifle and DA 22LR revolvers.

So if you're gonna stock up on ammo you might as well add 22LR to the list.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    an image is worth a thousand words:sad20:

Attachments

• shot-down.jpg
      shot-down.jpg
      16.6 KB · Views: 241

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts