• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    My newly purchased M&P is stuck in MSP background check purgatory, but the fine folks at FreeState let me shoot it there on the range and then return it afterwards. Very very impressed. Shot nicely. Good groups for a brand new gun. Shot well with Remington Golden Bullets. Shot about 50 rounds. Not a single FTF or FTE. Glad I made the purchase.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365216361.405881.jpg

Hokie

Nov 20, 2012
    That's the best part about buying from freestate, being able to shoot it while you wait.

bjmsam

The Skeptic
    Glad to hear you like it. I ordered one from BGS on Thursday night, they shipped it Friday and it is scheduled to arrive at my FFL on Tuesday. I wonder which I will be able to bring home first, the gun "not disapproved" by the MSP or .22LR ammo purchased for a reasonable price...

sandbar

Nov 21, 2008
    Harford County
    My newly purchased M&P is stuck in MSP background check purgatory,

Nice to know mine has a twin in the safe and isn't lonely....got the same gun sitting at freestate awaiting to be freed as well. Haven't made it down to shoot it yet, but hopefully I will have the same fun as yourself...it will just be hard leaving it behind knowing it will be another 45 days if I am lucky :sad20:

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    It's a great pistol. It's been the only .22 that has never failed me, even shooting some old cheap bulk ammo. The only thing I changed were the sights. I got some fiber optics from Dawson Precision. They were designed for the M&P22 and were a great improvement in my opinion.

Tritan3

Jan 16, 2013
    MP22

Bought my GF one of these, very fun to shoot, I like that resembles the larger MPs very closely, that if fires flawlessly and includes a threaded barrel and 12rd mag... (wish it came with 2). I would def recommend. I've been waiting for my PX4 for over a month now to clear the state....

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    It's a great pistol. It's been the only .22 that has never failed me, even shooting some old cheap bulk ammo. The only thing I changed were the sights. I got some fiber optics from Dawson Precision. They were designed for the M&P22 and were a great improvement in my opinion.

Thinking about adding those sights after a while.

Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    Nice to know mine has a twin in the safe and isn't lonely....got the same gun sitting at freestate awaiting to be freed as well. Haven't made it down to shoot it yet, but hopefully I will have the same fun as yourself...it will just be hard leaving it behind knowing it will be another 45 days if I am lucky :sad20:

Triplets actually. Paperwork done 2/20. But when I went to buy mine they had just got 6 or 7 in. Consecutive numbers. So really it's sextuplets or septuplets. I have lots of add ons waiting to be put on. Dawson front and rear sights, silencerco thread adapter, 3 extra mags (was 6 but sold the rest), 2500 rds of 22lr, pachmayr grip, tacticool eBay laser, and last but not least frog lube. I also borrowed a 22lr lock from a forum member so I don't have to buy 1. If anyone else wants to use it after i pick up my gun I'm sure he wouldn't mind as long as you mail it back to him.

EAB

Mar 5, 2013
    Got a couple 12 round mags off gunbroker for 50 each this weekend. Nobody I could find has them in stock. Even if they did they are 35+. Took a dive and ordered. Total FUBAR out there right now.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    You can buy the 10 round mags and easily convert to 12 rounders. If you can take apart the mag, you can convert it.

Incidentally, found a couple 12 rounders at Gun Connection last month. Gun is still in MSP hell, 53 days and counting.:mad54:

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    You can buy the 10 round mags and easily convert to 12 rounders. If you can take apart the mag, you can convert it.

Incidentally, found a couple 12 rounders at Gun Connection last month. Gun is still in MSP hell, 53 days and counting.:mad54:

Yup the 10 rounders are easily switchable to 12. Youtube taught me how!:thumbsup:

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Mine is still at the dealer as well -- day 40 (something)..... Will go nice with my M&P 15-22 MOE ---

Call S&W Customer Service and order spare magazines. They will backorder and not charge your CC until the order ships. They will honor their current price as well which is way lower than current offers on the Internet / GunBroker. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and was quoted a June / July delivery.

RP

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom