• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • endsjustifymeans

Sep 21, 2011
    Overlea/Hamilton
    So I came into these to replace my driftwood rotten to the core wood stock. I have sanded and shoved and jammed and sanded some more for the past hour and a half and I can not get this thing to fit my chinese SKS.

Have any of you guys fit one of these bastards? Any advice? Any areas I should really focus on?

I've read somewhere that there is an "inletting" manual for these... is there a pdf or something out there. Not that I know if that's even what I need.

Anyone willing to fit it for me for a couple of bucks, my damned hands hurt now. lol.

I also bought a chinese 20 round static magazine for it, and there is NO WAY that monster is fitting without some elbow grease.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I havent seen those in years, werent they made for Romainan guns? Which might be why you are having fit issues for Chinese?

endsjustifymeans

Sep 21, 2011
    Overlea/Hamilton
    I had heard they were made for the chinese guns for swampy south asian jungle warfare. That could be totally way off though.

pic for those interested:

stock.JPG

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    They are Chinese (some are fiberglass and some are bakelite) and you just have to fiddle with them until your action fits. Every rifle is going to be different.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I fitted one to a Chinese SKS. It took a while but it's doable. I decided not to use it and took it off. It's now a spare in case I ever get a SKS less-wood.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have 3 of those stocks and know where I can get at least 10 more. My Chinese SKS had one but I took it off and put the tacticool Tapco stock on it because I wanted it to be tacticool.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    I have 3 of those stocks and know where I can get at least 10 more. My Chinese SKS had one but I took it off and put the tacticool Tapco stock on it because I wanted it to be tacticool.

I'm interested in one. I acquired a free sks that originally had a jungle stock (bought for $100 in the late 90's). The previous owner didn't like it and painted it black. Looks terrible.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm interested in one. I acquired a free sks that originally had a jungle stock (bought for $100 in the late 90's). The previous owner didn't like it and painted it black. Looks terrible.

I'll take one to your shop tomorrow. I definitely don't need more than 1 of them.

Sirex