• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    SGW

Like I said it really is not an SKS anymore, I call mine the SGW-PDW now. It is extremely manuverable now. Very compact and it is alot of fun. If you don't like attention then don't take it to the range, because you will be swamped by people wanting to know what it is, how it shoots, if they can shoot it, where you got it etc etc etc. I have yet to have someone poo poo it after seeing it in person and especially after they shoot it. They all say the same thing, " I can't believe this used to be an SKS". Think what you will, but this is definatly a don't knock it till you shoot it kind of thing.

Here are a couple of pics.

and with my Suppressor on it.

blodter

Aug 28, 2013
    Hagerstown, MD
    I'm wondering what the OAL of the bullpup configuration is with that SG Works stock, Rumnhammer? I'm assuming the OAL requirement from SB281 still applies.

I'm curious because I'm considering putting one of these together.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    oal

I'll have to measure it when I get home. If I remember right, even if you cut the barrel to 16 1/2 inches, the kit is 1 inch longer then legal oal for a rifle without being class 3. They make it that way so you can even put the kit on an SKS Para and it will still be legal. Mine has that long yhm suppressor flash hider on it that adds about 3 inches to it. Also I built this prior to sb281 so removable mags were not an issue. You can use this kit with the factory fixed magazine with it just fine.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Like I said it really is not an SKS anymore, I call mine the SGW-PDW now. It is extremely manuverable now. Very compact and it is alot of fun. If you don't like attention then don't take it to the range, because you will be swamped by people wanting to know what it is, how it shoots, if they can shoot it, where you got it etc etc etc. I have yet to have someone poo poo it after seeing it in person and especially after they shoot it. They all say the same thing, " I can't believe this used to be an SKS". Think what you will, but this is definatly a don't knock it till you shoot it kind of thing.

Here are a couple of pics.

and with my Suppressor on it.

Nice! I didnt think they would look that good but that one looks Bad a$$

blodter

Aug 28, 2013
    Hagerstown, MD
    Also I built this prior to sb281 so removable mags were not an issue. You can use this kit with the factory fixed magazine with it just fine.

I didn't think removable mags were an issue? I was under the impression that all variants of the SKS are legal, so long as they comply with the copy cat and OAL rules.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I didn't think removable mags were an issue? I was under the impression that all variants of the SKS are legal, so long as they comply with the copy cat and OAL rules.
    SKS with detachable mags is a named assault long gun. That's why I ran hard to go buy an SKS-M before the ban hit. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom