• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    Is that match on march already full? I have been so interested on uspsa or idpa for so long but at the same time so busy working I didnt even see the events on the forum. How can I register? Just show up or email first?

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Paul,
    I shoot IDPA, USPSA and starting to shoot 3gun this year.
    Let me know when you want to go

Cool, I didn't know that. Kate wants to check it out to. Lets get together. Did you hear about Cobblestones tonight?

Edit: Added in quote so my post made some sense. :)

Last edited:

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I got an email over the weekend saying I could, but I asked to stick with the April date. I ended up selling my PPQ, so I don't have a setup to take for this weekend.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Who's going this Saturday? I'll be there for my new shooter orientation and safety class.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    It went well. Took a little longer than expected but it feels good to know that they place an emphasis on safety. Everyone was nice. Only thing is that I tried to sign up for a match and they don't have a record of me attaching the safety class.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Me too. Was there for about 4 hours. Got there shortly after 9 and was out around 1:30.

JackBlundell

Jul 20, 2008
    It went well. Took a little longer than expected but it feels good to know that they place an emphasis on safety. Everyone was nice. Only thing is that I tried to sign up for a match and they don't have a record of me attaching the safety class.

That's been corrected.

- Jack

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    What kind of accuracy at what distances?

Below is provided to give those not familiar with IDPA a flavor of what may be required with respect to accuracy requirements:

Weak hand only - hit a 6" by 6" square at distances up to 7 yards
    Strong hand only - hit a 6" by 6" square at distances up to 10 yards
    Free style (two handed) - hit an 8" diameter circle at distances up to 35 yards, but 15 yards or closer is the norm

The above are extracted from course design constraints in the IDPA rule book. However, accuracy can be made even more restrictive by using hard cover and non-threat targets (no shoots) to obscure portions of the standard IDPA targets. Steel targets could also have smaller dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom