• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    Rah Rah Rah! Run Larry run, give me my gun!

better now?

Don't let realists frighten you.
    oh I am realistic but I'm definitely not a by proxy apologist

You vociferously provide cover for something that has not even come and gone yet, it's as bad as those who expected a ccw permit yesterday in the mail.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    oh I am realistic but I'm definitely not a by proxy apologist

You vociferously provide cover for something that has not even come and gone yet, it's as bad as those who expected a ccw permit yesterday in the mail.

I don't understand.

I'm not one to confuse goals or desires which mirror quite a few on this board, with my expectations. I am in the group that has no expectation that CCW permitting process will change, via Hogan or any other voluntary action under his pervue. I'll back the horse of attorneys and lawsuits to get it done, and even that is suspect but the only rational way I see it changing.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I don't understand.

I'm not one to confuse goals or desires which mirror quite a few on this board, with my expectations. I am in the group that has no expectation that CCW permitting process will change, via Hogan or any other voluntary action under his pervue. I'll back the horse of attorneys and lawsuits to get it done, and even that is suspect but the only rational way I see it changing.
    As much as I don't want to agree with you I am leaning in your direction on this. Either Hogan never made the promises or he did and now realizes he doesn't want to fulfill them for whatever reason. Either way the 2A remains a cruel joke in MD.

Dec 31, 2012
    I don't understand.

Fair enough but some of your posts come across as defensive of Hogan when he has yet to be given a chance to fail. I say everybody give him a month or two and let the cards fall where they may then we play the hand we're dealt. I'll be none too happy if it goes the way I think it will but there's no need to excuse the failure now or later.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    As much as I don't want to agree with you I am leaning in your direction on this. Either Hogan never made the promises or he did and now realizes he doesn't want to fulfill them for whatever reason. Either way the 2A remains a cruel joke in MD.

I believe Hogan made the promise but also believe his handlers have convinced him that such action would seal his fate for being a one term governor and would make his future dealings with the general assembly very difficult.....

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I believe Hogan made the promise but also believe his handlers have convinced him that such action would seal his fate for being a one term governor and would make his future dealings with the general assembly very difficult.....
    Consensus is the absence of leadership as Margaret Thatcher once said. His only chance at a second term might be shaking things up. Either he is a leader or he isn't.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Sure - like his relationship with them is just peachy keen now...

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I too believe its more likely than not going to require intervention by The Court.

However, Hogan was a breath of fresh air, and touting himself as a 2A supporter (regardless of private conversations) in exchange for financial support and votes created expectations. He knew or should have known that. So despite his follow-up assurances to the masses that he would not act to repeal gun LAWS, he deserves scorn if his appointee fails to exercise his statutory ADMINISTRATIVE authority under the existing LAW. I will hold him accountable. Sure maybe I am only one vote, but Hogan desperately wanted it last November.

ProtegeV got it right. We are beating a dead horse until we get an indication one way or the other via the issuance of permits under whatever circumstances. Many of us are probing during the cricket concert, but we will know in the next few months. In the meantime, I genuinely appreciate having this forum to debate among like-minded individuals with common goals separated only by their perspectives and strategies. :thumbsup:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Consensus is the absence of leadership as Margaret Thatcher once said. His only chance at a second term might be shaking things up. Either he is a leader or he isn't.

I supported his campaign, I voted for him, I persuaded others to do so, all based on the presumed administrative adjustment to G&S.

I had hoped he had true grit, like Governor Walker, who has demonstrated character as well as making serious improvements in his state.

Given the nature of the MD GA, they'll continue to fight him and undermine him in every way. If he can't figure out a way to call them on their tactics, or fails to deliver on his promises, he deserves to get voted out of office.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Fair enough but some of your posts come across as defensive of Hogan when he has yet to be given a chance to fail. I say everybody give him a month or two and let the cards fall where they may then we play the hand we're dealt. I'll be none too happy if it goes the way I think it will but there's no need to excuse the failure now or later.

I voted for him. I did not vote for him with any expectation him undoing any current Maryland gun laws or policy. That includes how permits are issued. He said time and time again he was not changing established law, and I extrapolate that including the CCW issue policy everyone says he can unilaterally change. I'm in the 99.9% of gun owners outside the clique or circle who knows what was "promised" on the down low, so what I see is what I get (Hogan publicly). I'm not defensive of Hogan, I don't see any promises made or broken. As far as rational expectations, surprises are better than hope anyway. It would really be interesting to poll expectations according to district. Please, please don't flame this, but some parts of Maryland are a different world than where the laws are purchased. So I can understand optimism in some sectors and not so in others. I'd be labeled a Right Wing Extremest by many in my sector of Maryland just reading MDS. If some my prose comes across pessimistic at times, understand I have lived in both blue collar and white collar Maryland. I really do not think many can appreciate the power, of the DC centric nature the elite in this state hold. Explain why every state that borders us is more gun tolerant. Maryland got saddled with more than just getting land stolen by DC, it got a big serving of it's political culture.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Hogan calling himself pro2a IMO doesnt mean he intends to change the status quo as it is. Just means he won't try to make everything illegal and limit capacity to 3rds...

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Sure they can....the GA found it easy to ignore 1000's in 2013...........

The GA is not one person. A single person will find much more difficult to ignore hundreds of letters piling up on his desk. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I will pen a letter and post for those with the intestinal fortitude of our fore fathers the rest can sit back and b!tch about what never goes their way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom