• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    It would be nice to get the list so we can send flyers to owners to educate them about law and to get involved. That being said, I understand the concerns people have with the wrong people getting the list. What are the chances MD can be required to notify gun owners of new law changes with something thrown in, like a flyer, for MSI and NRA. I can dream can't I? :party29:

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    The BS laws wouldn't have passed if every gun owner actually did something about it, instead a small percentage tried to fight it, and the rest just bought guns at the end because they heard a law was passing and wanted one before it was too late, not caring their rights were being taken away

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    The BS laws wouldn't have passed if every gun owner actually did something about it, instead a small percentage tried to fight it, and the rest just bought guns at the end because they heard a law was passing and wanted one before it was too late, not caring their rights were being taken away

Apparently you weren't there in Annapolis when gun owners managed to overwhelm and shut down the Senate building for the first time in state history.

We did care. We did try. Thousands of gun owners did not sway them. They cared more about exercising the politics of emotion and decided that the time was right and we lack the ability to fight back. They are doing here what was done in NY and NJ, reducing gun owners ability to fight back and marginalize us into a voting block that can't turn elections.

And it worked. I'm effectively finished acquiring guns at this point save for a couple of non-regulated long guns. ARs are destroyed. I have mine but that is poor solace. I wanted more. M1A is history. Handguns are licensed and I am really torn on acquiring an HQL. It offends my sense of freedom.

I am hoping the DINO movement will turn the tide but short of a SB 281 repeal, I think we're done in this state. The courts refuse to apply logic and defer to the side of liberty as they are supposed to. One party rule will ultimately doom this state. We'll be NJ in 10 years.

Matt

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

They are masters at "divide and conquer"
    That's why they banned only future sales, for now, they know that if people can keep what the already have a bunch won't care what happens to the new people.

"Hey, I got mine. Who cares about you"
    We ALL need to learn to stick together.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Apparently you weren't there in Annapolis when gun owners managed to overwhelm and shut down the Senate building for the first time in state history.

We did care. We did try. Thousands of gun owners did not sway them. They cared more about exercising the politics of emotion and decided that the time was right and we lack the ability to fight back. They are doing here what was done in NY and NJ, reducing gun owners ability to fight back and marginalize us into a voting block that can't turn elections.

And it worked. I'm effectively finished acquiring guns at this point save for a couple of non-regulated long guns. ARs are destroyed. I have mine but that is poor solace. I wanted more. M1A is history. Handguns are licensed and I am really torn on acquiring an HQL. It offends my sense of freedom.

I am hoping the DINO movement will turn the tide but short of a SB 281 repeal, I think we're done in this state. The courts refuse to apply logic and defer to the side of liberty as they are supposed to. One party rule will ultimately doom this state. We'll be NJ in 10 years.

Matt
    Apparently you didn't see me, I am not talking about those who went to Annapolis, of all the gun owners now in MD (alot because of the new law)how many went or voiced, not all of them. I moved after the laws were passed one because I wanted to, two because of a job.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Would love to see a crowd stretched down Bladen St past the House office building, but seeing how most of the gun owners in this state just sat back and watched during the last session, it ain't gonna happen. It really pisses me off.

MULE-JK

Stiff Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Mt. Airy
    Well I wasn't there, didn't know about the law until it was a done deal and did by a gun in the last hours, but not because I don't care about everyone else that won't have the opportunity. I did not see anything about SB281 until it was too late, just like most of the people I know and they also support 2A. I have owned the rest of my guns for 20 years or more and had no idea there was a hand gun roster or a list of regulated long guns, as I have not purchased anything in the last 20 years. There are a great number of gun owning 2A supporters, just like me that have no idea that this is going on. I now tell everyone I can, but it's just a drop in the bucket. We need a way to get the word out to everyone. I will be there on Feb 4th. I will bring everyone that can get the day off work, which will be difficult.

Now a bit of a rant: If the Republicans would let go of the religious far right and stop the war on abortion there would at least be a chance to get moderate Democrats to vote for Republicans. As it is now I don't know a woman that will vote for a Republican, just on that point. It's a no go, all stop, no matter the other issues at hand. Imagine a fiscally conservative, liberally moderate Republican running on balancing the budget, cutting taxes, creating jobs AND womans rights. All the liberally moderate soccor Mom's and baseball Dad's could likely be swayed by us, but as it is now there is no way it will happen. It's no different the other way around. No matter what a Democrat promises there is no way I'd vote for him/her without a promise to repaeal SB281.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Gun owners finding out AFTER the law passed is why we are in deep crap in this state.

MOM and Friends knows full well that this state is overflowing with gun owners and hunters who simply have no desire to pay attention.

I / We are sick and tired of carry the water for the rest of you.

I hope they come after your favorite vent rib shotgun, bolt action 30-06, lever action 30-30, and single shot hunting firearms next.

Start paying attention. You people are the reason we're in this mess in the first place.

Go DINO!!!

PS: I'm sick and tired of RINO's too. They are Democrats in Republican clothing. This country can no longer afford Moderate Republicans.

We are at a crossroads and the direction of this country will be determined in 2014.

MULE-JK

Stiff Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Mt. Airy
    Gun owners finding out AFTER the law passed is why we are in deep crap in this state.

Couldn't agree more. What did you do to make us aware?

MOM and Friends knows full well that this state is overflowing with gun owners and hunters who simply have no desire to pay attention.

Not paying attention? Please explain. How would I have known? Do you know all of the other legislation that passed during the last session? Where you paying attention to all of the new laws passed or only the ones you were aware of?

I / We are sick and tired of carry the water for the rest of you.

Did you not read where I said now that I know what is happening I am doing what I can? Please feel free to hand me the bucket and not throw it at me(in case you don't know what I'm referring to it's a bucket for my own water)

I hope they come after your favorite vent rib shotgun, bolt action 30-06, lever action 30-30, and single shot hunting firearms next.

I own none of those and don't wish anyone have their rights stepped on any more than they have. I do have a really nice original SP-1 carbine though.

Turn off Dancing With The Stars and pay attention. You people are the reason we're in this mess in the first place.

Some of us actually have other things in our lives besides all things firearms. It's part of what makes this country great, you know, diversity. What I do is my choice and judging how I live my life is not for you to do. I hate that show B.T.W., but my wife loves it.

Go DINO!!!

PS: I'm sick and tired of RINO's too. They are Democrats in Republican clothing.

Are you saying that I'm a Rino and why, not that it really matters?

Nice to see you hating on any type of gun owner instead of supporting and educating. YOU my friend seem to be a part of the problem. Keep alienating other proud gun owners. I have been through this fight once before, when Clinton was in office and I fought hard only to have the NRA cave when the Brady bill was on the ropes. Maybe you are not old enough to remember, but I still bear the scars.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Nice to see you hating on any type of gun owner instead of supporting and educating. YOU my friend seem to be a part of the problem. Keep alienating other proud gun owners. I have been through this fight once before, when Clinton was in office and I fought hard only to have the NRA cave when the Brady bill was on the ropes. Maybe you are not old enough to remember, but I still bear the scars.

Don't let him get to you. There are a few on this forum that just like to rile the masses. I can't tell you how many people at my gun club didn't know about SB281 until it was a done deal. There are people still today, that have no idea this happened.

While I have been fighting this in Annapolis for the last 10 years, I had never heard of this forum until this spring. I am still considered a "Newbie" and it takes a while to gain the trust of the folks here. This site has been hit by trolls and it is monitored by our adversaries.

He was right in one thing, we need to spread the word and get people involved, which is something you said you are doing. That is great but also make sure that folks are registered to vote. The 2014 legislative session will be here before we can blink with the 2014 election hot on it's heals. We need to be ready to deal with both of those.

Quoting one of my favorite lines from the movie Die Hard,

Welcome To The Party, Pal! :lol2:

Dogmeat

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not hating on anyone.

Just tired of gun owners who keep saying WAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAPPNED???

Been an avid shooter, hunter, and gun owner ever since my high school history project was a slide show on how to build a black powder pistol kit. And I was able to take the finished gun to class to show people how it all worked. Gunpowder, Caps, and Balls too. That should date me fairly well.

And if you feel Conservatives who believe this country is in real trouble are part of the problem, then you, my friend, are correct.

Romney lost because the RIGHT could not stand to look at another milk-toast/left leaning Republicain and stayed home. Their duty was to go out and defeat Obama, but they were lazy and stayed home.

Your one redeeming quality is that you hate DWTS.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Would love to see a crowd stretched down Bladen St past the House office building, but seeing how most of the gun owners in this state just sat back and watched during the last session, it ain't gonna happen. It really pisses me off.

That ball is just now starting to roll.

This weekend will be the beginning of the bigger portion of the rollout.

If people do not already get MSI newsletters, sign up.
    If you can lend a hand, join or donate.
    Spread the word to all you know.
    Stay in contact with your legislators.

#2ATuesday
    10K in 2014
    Be in Annapolis on 2/4/14

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring

You're 27 posts into this forum. Don't let the negative attitudes get you. I still run into people that got caught with their pants down, so to speak and wish they would have known what was happening. You're in the know now and that's what counts.

The law passed but, the battle rages on.

By the way, welcome to the forums. :thumbsup:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Most didn't know what was happening.

Not hating on anyone.

Been an avid shooter, hunter, and gun owner ever since my high school history project was a slide show on how to build a black powder pistol kit. And I was able to take the finished gun to class to show people how it all worked. Gunpowder, Caps, and Balls too. That should date me fairly well.

And if you feel Conservatives who believe this country is in real trouble are part of the problem, then you, my friend, are correct.

Romney lost because the RIGHT could not stand to look at another milk-toast/left leaning Republicain and stayed home. Their duty was to go out and defeat Obama, but they were lazy and stayed home.

Do you think that every one who owns a gun Maryland is a memeber here?

Do you think the "media" information alerted them?

Partly right about the Right not coming out to vote, but also because the Independents think the Right is kind of hypocritical and they believed what O'Bummer said.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    That ball is just now starting to roll.

This weekend will be the beginning of the bigger portion of the rollout.

If people do not already get MSI newsletters, sign up.
    If you can lend a hand, join or donate.
    Spread the word to all you know.
    Stay in contact with your legislators.

#2ATuesday
    10K in 2014
    Be in Annapolis on 2/4/14

You're preaching to the choir. Pizza's on me this time.:)

MULE-JK

Stiff Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Mt. Airy
    Not hating on anyone.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I don't know one single bible thumper that didn't vote for Romney. I do know a few woman that still don't trust repubs on womans issues that didn't vote for him, but I know a lot more bafoons that voted for Obummer because of his lies, party lines and they wanted to be part of the whole electing the 1st black president thing. I'm also not referring to national elections, but to local and state. Abortion is just as polorizing as 2A and I believe we can gain a lot more moderate Dems than we will lose far right Repubs. Abortion doesn't have to be illegal to help reduce it. Just like guns, education and personal responsibility are the answers.

Matt

I was there ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom