• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Frederick Coin Exchange is where I get my metals. I like to get a 20 coin treasury tube of silver eagles every year. Is that dog still there? I haven't been there in almost a year.

Ha, yeah he was there a few weeks ago laying on that couch in the front window! Plenty of years on him, but he looked happy :D

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    That's right. Old Morgans and Peace dollars carry a higher premium because they are actual old currency and recognized everywhere. Also U.S. Mint-issued silver eagles carry a premium over generic silver because it has a dollar denomination. So generic .999 silver is the "cheapest" silver per ounce.

I have a friend who has carried a 100% silver eagle in his pocket for about a year. The thing looks like it's 100 years old. Pure silver is soft and wears down fast.

For the silver bullets, the ones NWTM sells are, I think, a better deal. Plus I really like the 10 round box.

45acp6-large.jpg

Why does your friend carry a silver eagle in his pocket?

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Pfft, everyone knows that only solid silver projectiles can kill werewolves, with 3% antimony.
    That's something I've been wondering. Silver plate should be enough. Many supernatural shows have silver knives. Can silver be hardened enough to hold a decent edge?

Where does antimony enter into the metallurgy?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    That's something I've been wondering. Silver plate should be enough. Many supernatural shows have silver knives. Can silver be hardened enough to hold a decent edge?

Where does antimony enter into the metallurgy?

Well, in the science of homeopathy, if you dilute a substance enough so that none of the original substance remains then the substance that you diluted it with still holds the "memory" (for lack of a better word) of the original substance. Therefore if you use 3% antimony in silver and keep adding silver you still have 3% antimony. There was a guy on here from southern Maryland who could explain it a lot better, but that was the jist of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom