• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I recently placed an order for a Silencerco Octane 45 at Silencershop.com. I just received a call from them saying they are no longer carrying any of the Silcencerco products and they cancelled my order. I wonder who pissed off who :sad20: It must be a recent decision since they still list the Silencerco products on their website.

So, does anyone know where I can pickup an Octane 45? Or maybe I should take another look at the other 45 can options.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I read that Silencerco dropped them for violating minimum pricing.

Also looking for an Octane 45. Seems like the one to get.

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    I recently placed an order for a Silencerco Octane 45 at Silencershop.com. I just received a call from them saying they are no longer carrying any of the Silcencerco products and they cancelled my order. I wonder who pissed off who :sad20: It must be a recent decision since they still list the Silencerco products on their website.

So, does anyone know where I can pickup an Octane 45? Or maybe I should take another look at the other 45 can options.

Heard the same. They are not charging enough for the silencers which is pissing SilencerCo off. Apparently that's why some websites wont show you a price unless you put it in your cart.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA

http://www.impactguns.com/swr-octane-45-hd-the-octane9-hd-su588-817272010510.aspx :party29:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    This actually happened back in November; guess they're finally running out of product now.

Heard the same. They are not charging enough for the silencers which is pissing SilencerCo off. Apparently that's why some websites wont show you a price unless you put it in your cart.

More like it was causing problems for dealers, who in turn complained to SiCo, who in turn made a decision to support their larger dealer network vs. a single large distributor.

Basically a MAP violation on Silencer Shop's part. The markups on NFA items are so high because they sit on the shelf for so long; with Silencer Shop undercutting all your local dealers it became way harder for them to make sales of those products ergo they made less purchases of those from distributors ergo SiCo distributors were placing smaller orders from SiCo.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Vince at Duffy's has Octanes a lot of the time.

Also check 2A.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Nate at Engage was able to hook me up with an Octane 45.

Vince, sometimes I wish you were a little bit closer. I have been meaning to make a trip out to look at one of those Vepr's you post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom