• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snoopaloop

Mar 5, 2009
    Middle River
    I rented a P2000 and really enjoyed shooting it. Decent trigger and grip and it was easy to shoot.

But if I were to get a compact gun right now it would be an M&P. Like them just as much as the P2000 and they're a bit cheaper.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I dont know about the 239 but I just picked up a 226 and am very impressed by the gun and havent even got it to the range.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Well before Maui jumps in I will add my 2cents. I absolutely love the p2000. The beauty of it is it is available in numerous configurations. All of which are the best quality money can buy.

The P2000 Trigger Variants:
    P2000: 
Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the hammer and centrally located decocking lever for firing in the DA/SA mode.

P2000 V1:
 Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the hammer, with a constant trigger pull (Combat Defense Action/LEM trigger of 20 Newtons) from the first shot to the last, without decocking.

P2000 V2:
 Like P2000 V1, however LEM/CDA trigger pull 7.3 pounds (32.5 Newtons).

P2000 V3: 
Conventional DA/SA trigger and hammer, with decocking.

P2000 V4:
 Like P2000 V1, however CDA/LEM trigger pull 6.18 pounds (27.5 Newtons).

P2000 V5: 
Double Action only (DAO), trigger pull approximately 7.87 pounds (35 Newtons

There is also a subcompact model P2000sk

If you are not interested in a sub compact, may I suggest the HK P30. My favorite "feeling" handgun in the world.

The darkside of the force is strong in you Destiny

I don't have any experience with the Sig, and I don't care, because.......
    wait for it............because HKs are better :innocent0

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Cool, just ordered a .357 top end for my 2 step, if the vendor ships it (price was to good to be true) I am going over to top gun and ordering a .40 barrel. 3 guns in one.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I know a few LEO's that carry the P239's off duty and they are very happy with them. They do conceal rather nicely and I have shot the P239 myself and liked it. I am looking at getting the P239 9mm DAK model. I have not shot the HK 2000 so I can not realy comment on it but it is an HK so you are going to get quality. There are alot of holsters and accesories made for the P239 which I am sure there are for the HK also.

I would suggest trying to hold or even better shoot both and make a decision from there. No matter what we all say, what you decide to go with should be what feels best in your hands and what you are confident with. I dont think you would be disapointed in either weapon in the end.

Give Continental Arms a call, they might have both avail for rental.

good luck

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    I have the P226 in .40 cal. It's my favorite semi-auto. I was considering the P2000 V3 trigger variant. I haven't handled at HK P30. I need to go look at the specs.

The p30 is actually .01" shorter then the p2000. I know I am known to drink the HK kool aid, but I am being serious on this one. The p30 and p30l have the best ergos I have ever come across.....ever. They have 3 different backstraps and 3 different side panels. The first time I picked one up I was in awe. It just fits like a glove. Even the Sig guys who have fondled one would agree. The slide also "feels" exceptionally thin. Much more than its USP counterpart. Even if you don't plan on buying a p30, you would be doing yourself a serious injustice if you never handled one.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    I'll find a P30 one and handle it. I also want to handle the P2000 SK and the USP Compact.

My biggest problem with the Sig 239 is the front trigger guard. I could rest my finger against it in what I consider a natural position.

Well if you don't find any to check out, I am swamped right now but will probably be heading to the range in a couple of weeks. You are more than welcome to check some of mine out. Unfortunately I don't have any Sigs for you to shoot. I can't hold them, they burn the flesh from my hands :rolleyes:

benc4liberty

Freedom4theFreeState
    Jan 17, 2009
    Couldn't agree more

I have the P226 in .40 cal. It's my favorite semi-auto. I was considering the P2000 V3 trigger variant. I haven't handled at HK P30. I need to go look at the specs.

The p226 in .40 cal is my favorite. I do have a p239, and love that too. When I get my carry permit(I'm in PA) that'll be the one I carry all the time-well, until I get to the MD border. :)

The standard mag in the 239 holds only 8 rounds, but you can get the extended mag that holds 10. You never know, two rounds could make all the difference if your life was at risk.

I don't know about the HK's, other than handling them while browsing at the store, but I haven't handled or shot a sig I didn't like.

benc4liberty

Freedom4theFreeState
    Jan 17, 2009
    I'll find a P30 one and handle it. I also want to handle the P2000 SK and the USP Compact.

My biggest problem with the Sig 239 is the front trigger guard. I could rest my finger against it in what I consider a natural position.

I keep my trigger finger on the frame, placed over the take down lever(opposing side-circle part just above the serial number), until I am ready to shoot. Same with all handguns I handle.

RK23

Jan 21, 2010
    Buy them both, I did and love them both. with that said Sig feels more solid to me IMHO.

You can't go wrong with these top name brands.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    My main off duty carry gun is the P239 in .40. I carry it in a DeSantis Viper Paddle holster. It is so comfortable that I tend to forget that I am carrying it. I also carry an extra mag in a single snap top mag holder on my left side. This gives me 17 rounds with a duty load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom